Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kat Wright - Contact
09-08-2019, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2019 06:06 AM by Coulomb.)
Kat Wright - Contact
Second Version....

.mp3   Kat Wright - Contact 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.25 MB)

Sasha MD
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2019, 03:23 PM
RE: Kat Wright - Contact
I like your vocal and horn treatments. The vocals were really tough to get right in this and you've done well with it. The horns could maybe use some top end additions without losing their context. The placement of the guitar imbalances the mix some. While it sounds good I'll ask why not the right side as opposed to the left? I think I caught some effects on the guitar at different places during the song to blend it with the organ? If so, that was nice. What was your intent with the percussive keyboard at the end?

PreSonus Studio One DAW
on RDS Server with Dante Via (ask for details)
[email protected]

10-08-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: Kat Wright - Contact
Well... Firstable I'd like to thank you for feedback.
2.I've tried to add some top to the brass, but I didn't like the result. I think the brass have enough top components. I've added to the trumpet some top end, and it seems to sound quiet good in the mix.
3. The placement of the el. guitar. The guitar is panned 40% to the left. What about: "While it sounds good I'll ask why not the right side as opposed to the left?", I didn't understand what do you mean, but if you ask why I panned it to the left and to the right? It's because almost all instruments are stereo, and they play more on the right side. Though I've tried to pan the guitar to the right and el. piano to the left, but the piano is stereo, and it hits more on the right side.
4. " What was your intent with the percussive keyboard at the end? " During the mix, the volume of el. guitar was automated. At the beginning of the song, it was more quiet, but with time it started to encrement (at the moment with "She took the highway to the city...."). At the end of the song, both, the el. guitar and percussive piano are playing the same score but on the right side. And my intent was to make a feel of a development.

Sasha MD

Support my video work!
Advertisement: