Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Penniless Wild: 'Seat Back'
The Penniless Wild: 'Seat Back'

.mp3    Seat Back.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)

I like the effect on the opening guitar figure. Lead vocal feels really dry and out of context. Is there a very long pre-delay on his reverb? I like many of your approaches here and some I do not. All interesting though.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-08-2019, 04:23 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I like the effect on the opening guitar figure. Lead vocal feels really dry and out of context. Is there a very long pre-delay on his reverb? I like many of your approaches here and some I do not. All interesting though.

Thank you for listening Mixinthecloud. I agree that the initial verse its bone dry in the lead vocals. For the second verse two wet delays kick in the lead vocals and for the third verse a long verb also kicks in in top of everything. There is no pre delay on the verbs per se, its the delay lines the ones who get wet into the reverb. The guitar effect you liked at the intro is a 1/8 and 1/4 delay with a medium reverb panned hard left and hard right. I cut the high frequencies on these stereo delays. Feedback its set to get just a couple of repeats. I will like to revisit the initial bone dry verse and maybe put a short room verb on it to bring it back a little bit in the image. Thank you
(07-08-2019, 06:50 PM)javierpg84 Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 04:23 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I like the effect on the opening guitar figure. Lead vocal feels really dry and out of context. Is there a very long pre-delay on his reverb? I like many of your approaches here and some I do not. All interesting though.

Thank you for listening Mixinthecloud. I agree that the initial verse its bone dry in the lead vocals. For the second verse two wet delays kick in the lead vocals and for the third verse a long verb also kicks in in top of everything. There is no pre delay on the verbs per se, its the delay lines the ones who get wet into the reverb. The guitar effect you liked at the intro is a 1/8 and 1/4 delay with a medium reverb panned hard left and hard right. I cut the high frequencies on these stereo delays. Feedback its set to get just a couple of repeats. I will like to revisit the initial bone dry verse and maybe put a short room verb on it to bring it back a little bit in the image. Thank you

Oh. OK. Cool techniques. I get it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
addressed the issues mentioned and I stole your lead guitar distortion idea. Thank you for listening

.mp3    Seat Back(2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

(08-08-2019, 01:35 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: addressed the issues mentioned and I stole your lead guitar distortion idea. Thank you for listening

Nice.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]