Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The penniless wild
Hi! this is my mix Smile from Romania.

.mp3    the penniless wild mix&master.mp3 --  (Download: 5.18 MB)

Good intro and guitars. Drums sound heavily compressed and lacking the articulation of the voice and guitar you've presented. No bad but could have more energy.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(03-08-2019, 06:08 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Good intro and guitars. Drums sound heavily compressed and lacking the articulation of the voice and guitar you've presented. No bad but could have more energy.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate and I am grateful. Indeed the drums were overcompressed, I remade, what do you think?

.mp3    the penniless wild mix&master2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.18 MB)

(04-08-2019, 08:14 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 06:08 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Good intro and guitars. Drums sound heavily compressed and lacking the articulation of the voice and guitar you've presented. No bad but could have more energy.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate and I am grateful. Indeed the drums were overcompressed, I remade, what do you think?

Drums have much better articulation. I am hearing some kind of artifact on the cymbals though.
The echo on the voice has good timing but feels inelegant in its application. Possibly a more subtle level would work better for a hint of that first reflection. I tried to do that with mine but not sure I got it right myself.
Over-all a better result.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(05-08-2019, 03:06 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 08:14 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote: [quote='Mixinthecloud' pid='86153' dateline='1564852112']
Good intro and guitars. Drums sound heavily compressed and lacking the articulation of the voice and guitar you've presented. No bad but could have more energy.

Drums have much better articulation. I am hearing some kind of artifact on the cymbals though.
The echo on the voice has good timing but feels inelegant in its application. Possibly a more subtle level would work better for a hint of that first reflection. I tried to do that with mine but not sure I got it right myself.
Over-all a better result.
[/quote

I work on the echo (feedback and mix) think it's a little better, try to fix the cymbals but not really satisfied Sad.
I have a question. why at home on monitors sound ok(Adams T5V) and in the car sounds a little muddy...what should I pay more attention to? Thanks Wink

.mp3    the penniless wild mix&master2b.mp3 --  (Download: 5.18 MB)

(05-08-2019, 08:25 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote: I work on the echo (feedback and mix) think it's a little better, try to fix the cymbals but not really satisfied Sad.
I have a question. why at home on monitors sound ok(Adams T5V) and in the car sounds a little muddy...what should I pay more attention to? Thanks Wink

Can really answer your question about the muddiness in your car system. This mix seems to have more volume and upper end energy than your first mix which was much darker.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(05-08-2019, 08:48 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 08:25 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote: I work on the echo (feedback and mix) think it's a little better, try to fix the cymbals but not really satisfied Sad.

Can really answer your question about the muddiness in your car system. This mix seems to have more volume and upper end energy than your first mix which was much darker.

I understand.Tomorrow I will listen in the car Wink. Thanks a lot!