Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Penniless Wild -- 'Seat Back' (EquilibriumMIX)
I made the mix wider. In my opinion, the effect of the stadium was not supposed to damage the concept of the song. Work with a climax took a lot of time. BV underwent tuning, and eliminated spitting into the microphone on the LV. In the middle, eliminated the click from switching overdrive on the guitar. Saturation, automation, etc.
Write comments and criticisms.

.mp3    The Penniless Wild -- \'Seat Back\'.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

Alexander
I enjoyed listening to your mix Eq. I like the atmospherics and the overall sound scape. Balance is good also. Although I understand why you went with the wide guitars, I feel you may have lost the intimate focused feel of the arpeggio part in doing so. Perhaps some extra body here could help help the cause. The other issue here for me is with the second lead guitar part which has become a little lost to the first. I feel some contrast here in one form or another is required. This will also aid the climatic structure of the song.
I do feel you have achieved your soft and smooth take on this song, but believe you would benefit from a drum lift as the song builds. Although the drum part does get busier as it progresses, it is sounding like it's getting left behind a bit.
Lastly Equilibrium, don't be afraid to push the dynamics with this one and allow it to breath a little. I see you mentioned "saturation" in your intro post and although it has it's place, how much and what to apply it to is can have a big impact to the mix for all the right or wrong reasons. Dynamics is great at softening a sound where as squashing it can have the revered effect.
Anyways, this is all subjective Equilibrium, but I hope you find these comments somewhat helpful.Smile
Dave.
(19-08-2019, 12:06 PM)Dangerous Wrote: I enjoyed listening to your mix Eq. I like the atmospherics and the overall sound scape. Balance is good also. Although I understand why you went with the wide guitars, I feel you may have lost the intimate focused feel of the arpeggio part in doing so. Perhaps some extra body here could help help the cause. The other issue here for me is with the second lead guitar part which has become a little lost to the first. I feel some contrast here in one form or another is required. This will also aid the climatic structure of the song.
I do feel you have achieved your soft and smooth take on this song, but believe you would benefit from a drum lift as the song builds. Although the drum part does get busier as it progresses, it is sounding like it's getting left behind a bit.
Lastly Equilibrium, don't be afraid to push the dynamics with this one and allow it to breath a little. I see you mentioned "saturation" in your intro post and although it has it's place, how much and what to apply it to is can have a big impact to the mix for all the right or wrong reasons. Dynamics is great at softening a sound where as squashing it can have the revered effect.
Anyways, this is all subjective Equilibrium, but I hope you find these comments somewhat helpful.Smile
Dave.

Thanks for the comments. Drums are really lagging behind, and the lead guitar is mumbling something slurred. Somehow I missed this ...
The wide panorama of one guitar was not supposed to mean a loss in another guitar part.
Thanks for your comments again, the work will continue.
Alexander