Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf: 'Come Around'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

Great tune!!! Loved mixing it!!! It was challenging in that there was that drum loop that needed to be worked with somehow to get it to pop. Mike Senior had mentioned these challenges in his analysis, etc. Here's what I did....

I did not use that extra cymbal track....was not necessary and Mike had said that the track was added later to try and improve upon the drum loop anyway. I was able to work with the loop to really make it sound pretty darn good. The only added sample was a kick sample....nothing else was added. I managed to work with the snare by multing the track, isolating it by eq in order to process it with plugins that add tone and distortion, etc. The result was a nice snare track that I used to blend with the loop track.

I did other fun things with the guitars and vocals to create space and really make the mix fit (mood wise) with what I anticipate the artists were looking for. Hope you all like it. I did put a lot of time into this as I do most of my mixes on this site. I spent more time on this one because of the challenges so that I can hone my skills but mostly because I LIKE THE SONG!!!

Peace,

Tom

.mp3    Leaf_Coming Around_5M.mp3 --  (Download: 9.51 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek