Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New mix
I hope u guys enjoy this one!

Big Grin

.mp3    Louis Cressy Band - Good Time (Tim D Mix4master).mp3 --  (Download: 11.04 MB)

BUMP!
A nicely balanced mix with good representation of all the frequency range. Vocals sit nicely.

The main thing I notice is that the main guitar riff on the left sounds a little too "up front"... The perception I get is that it is sitting "in front of" the vocal; & it makes the fairly roomy-sounding drums seem quite distant by comparison. It's probably to do with the fairly aggressive timbre of the midrange in the guitar, bringing it right forward - It sounds like you might have boosted around the 3k range - maybe a better tack would have beeen to just cut low end & boxiness, & leave it at that...

But I think it also could be the fact that it needs some "room"-style "blend" ambiance to pull it back a little on the soundstage. Using the common short room style "blend" verb on all the elements in different amounts can really help to create depth & avoid the impression that the drums are playing in a different room to the rest of the elements.

In that regard, I would also suggest using a little less room mic on the drums - a little goes a long way, & in a style like this that relies on tight instrumentation & really punchy sounds, probably the close mics would give more definition & bite.

Nice one!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Great ideas.. i agree the left guitar is pumping out too much.. also that they (guitars) need a little more smooth edge and depth.

i will make some changes and update here when finished.

thanks for taking your time to share some ideas with me.

all the best

All of the sounds in the mix are good. I would suggest listening at various playback levels. I get the feeling this was mixed loud.
I'd be interested to know what your playback monitors were.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]