Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Lighter
Hi, first time here. If you could give some feedback to my mix I would really appreciate it.
I know the level of the mix is much lower than the ones others have posted. Is everyone using gain or adaptive limiter on the stereo out before bouncing? (I use Logic X FYI)

.mp3    Little Lighter.mp3 --  (Download: 5 MB)

Not a bad start. Some tones could use a sharper pencil and the BGVs could use some level moderation. As for final levels some type of mastering chain is a good idea so you can bring your mix into closer alignment with tyical norms. however, try not to get into the loudness wars. They are counter productive, in my opinion. One thing you should have is a good level meter so you can see what your LUFS and LUs are, plus good peak and VU metering. Eyes and ears both count. And a good sounding limiter is always a great tool for mastering.

One thing you can try is an on-line mastering tool, say like Landr or eMastering. You may not be able to download your results but you can get a sense of what it would sound like. Then try to learn how to do it yourself.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]