Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flymix What is thing called love
here I leave my mix, use very little eq and rev to give an atmosphere to the mix
hope you like

Sergio

any inputs??

.mp3    What Is This Thing Called Love.mp3 --  (Download: 11.26 MB)

Sounds great on headphones. Only problem us the cymbal bleed in piano mics and the disturbing space it creates when suddenly one cymbal is far away from rest of the kit. Beautifully eq'd.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
My attempt to solve the pan and cymbal problem was pan bas little left, drums very narrow stereo center and piano stereo panned right. I wont say it solved the spill but it makes it less distractin.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(23-10-2013, 12:18 AM)Voelund Wrote: My attempt to solve the pan and cymbal problem was pan bas little left, drums very narrow stereo center and piano stereo panned right. I wont say it solved the spill but it makes it less distractin.

I'm thinking about trying the piano with a deeser, in one of those the effect you say we can resolve to filter what bothers cymbals, whether they are for the voices but try not lose anything, maybe work.
As I was saying with the piano deeser think things worked better and does not affect the frequency dynamic range of the piano, as the cymbal is above the piano in frequency and attenuated deeser it pretty well, I think it's a trick interesting lateral thinking. atypical use a plugin to filter unwanted frequencies, here anything goes.

I hope you like it

from the end of the world

Sergio

.mp3    What Is This Thing Called Love2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.33 MB)

Great idea with the de-esser. Sounds great Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Great idea !
Yah the idea is good, but still the cymbals are very wide spread over the stereo field. Narrowing the mix some would make it work better !
If not for anybody else than for me Big Grin

But congrats on the inventiveness, if such a word exists
Thanks B and Niels!!!
Sometimes unforeseen resource use, this good!!