Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte Lie Gets In The Way final mix
Great Musicians,Great song, period! this is my mix.

.mp3    FytaKyte Life Gets In The Way mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte Life Gets In The Way mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte Life Gets In The Way final mix mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.55 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte Life Gets In The Way final updated mix mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.58 MB)

Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe, I like some of the little touches in your mix - the little fx and highlights you put in work well. Overall the mix has come together pretty nicely with good clarity and a nice spread across the frequencies.

Here are a couple things I think could be improved:
- The snare has a strange envelope to it. It seems a little thin and "papery" sounding with a sharp cutoff, which sounds a bit to me like hihat bleed being brought up in the snare mic and then being chopped off by a gate. A little bit of work may be needed there to restore some fullness to the snare sound and create a more natural sounding tail.
- The hihat is a little loud and piercing during the choruses - maybe just taming that in the high mids around the 5 or 6k mark may help.

Overall, the choruses hit really well and it all gels together nicely.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(28-07-2019, 07:13 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Cudjoe, I like some of the little touches in your mix - the little fx and highlights you put in work well. Overall the mix has come together pretty nicely with good clarity and a nice spread across the frequencies.

Here are a couple things I think could be improved:
- The snare has a strange envelope to it. It seems a little thin and "papery" sounding with a sharp cutoff, which sounds a bit to me like hihat bleed being brought up in the snare mic and then being chopped off by a gate. A little bit of work may be needed there to restore some fullness to the snare sound and create a more natural sounding tail.
- The hihat is a little loud and piercing during the choruses - maybe just taming that in the high mids around the 5 or 6k mark may help.

Overall, the choruses hit really well and it all gels together nicely.
Thanks for that and i agree,i have come back with refreshed ears and made adjustment to mix 2Big Grin
Reaper user
I felt that mix 2 was a little dark so did a final mix.
Reaper user
I just could,nt get that snare to sound how i would of liked it in the final mix so i updated it,any comments on it?
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe,

I've listened to all the versions and I think I like the "final mix" best. (the not updated version). You've got the hi-hat pretty much under control and the snare sound is no loger as thin as in the first version. Regarding the snare, have you checked the phase relationship of OH's and Snare? I found that when I flipped the OH's polarity I got a much fuller sound.

Anyway the mix sounds great, nice and powerful! Although maybe on the edge of too powerful Wink

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(05-08-2019, 08:07 AM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Cudjoe,

I've listened to all the versions and I think I like the "final mix" best. (the not updated version). You've got the hi-hat pretty much under control and the snare sound is no loger as thin as in the first version. Regarding the snare, have you checked the phase relationship of OH's and Snare? I found that when I flipped the OH's polarity I got a much fuller sound.

Anyway the mix sounds great, nice and powerful! Although maybe on the edge of too powerful Wink

Cheers,
LukasAngel
Thanks Lukas glad you like itBig Grin
Reaper user
I had a bit of time so i started experimenting with some Distressors plugins and decided to have alittle play around,all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    FytaKyte Life Gets In The Way Dist Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

Reaper user