Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rothko Voelund
Sounds Great ,looking forward to hearing the bigger chorus !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Im not quite happy with it ...
Made chorus bigger by makin verse smaller, takin one acoustic away.
Also helped the electrics in places.

Another mix may come if I get more ideas Big Grin

Tough one ...

.mp3    Rothko 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 4.46 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Good idea! The overalll sound is more open now. I like it.

From your idea it came another to me: I wonder if you could "creep "to chorus:
- at 0:34 volume suddenly down,
- faders start to come up and
- explosion at 0:40.

When listening with headphones the verses are heavily in the left. I wonder could this idea work with acoustic guitar more in the center? Like a lady with acoustic guitar, and the band around her.

I get your idea. Thank you ! Also the panning need to be reconsidered and the lady in the middle with acc gtr is good. Also gives space for yet another fake double acc gtr to fill chorus( moved from other choruses )
Great - I almost gave up on this but sacrificing the nice sounding acc made the trick. It distracted.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I like the overall sound,
I would give a little bit of presence on vocals and deess them a bit more.
On the rhythm guitars, i feel they need some upper mids, to be more full and maybe cutting around 2-3 kHz and boosting on 5 kHz.
I loved the middle guitar and the parts solo comes up!!
I liked your placement decisions too!
Thank you !
Upper mid, are we talkin 800-1k here ? I tried it and favred havin the vox over the guitars. Cuttin a bit of 2-3 k may be the way to go, and dees voices tad and add little more air, I boost slightly in 8k and higher as is.
The thing is I dont like deessers, I just do it enough not to hurt my ears.
Bein who i am I love to experiment and move stuff around, and Im thrilled to learn you like it. Thx Big Grin
Hey Voelund. I recently discovered (through desperation working on a current mixing project) that a multiband compressor set so that only two bands in the range of sibilance are active work a treat! You can even chain them if some sibilance is harsher so as to not make one comp work beyond its useable point.
I have the first active band from around 5.8k (to deal with nasty "shhhh" sounds) to about 9k and the second active band from 9k up to catch the upper air overloads from extremely sibilant singers. Each active band's threshold, ratio and release can be adjusted to suit.
Everything below 5.8 is left untouched by having the lower band's threshold up as high as it can go with a 1:1 ratio.
Give it a try - very transparent Smile
Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Ouch you said the mbcompressor word Big Grin
I guess youre right, and I will have to learn to tame that beast. I just messed up so many times with it Im a bit scared of it ...
Really like what you did with the vocals here.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Glad you like it Bob thank you