Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rothko Voelund
This is a great song ! At first it doesnt stick, but when youheard it a couple o times the hook is really strong. Funny how this little girl voice, the borrowed Stones riff guitar and the Mark Knopfler solo makes sense.

I made pretty heavy editing in this one, makin first the bass fit the drums, then rhythm guitar and other guitars, solo and lead vox isnt edited. Background voxes are heavily doubled, moved, cut and automated.
In the outro i made a doubletrack for all 3 voices, just there
Leadvox has a double 2 by the way.

I mixed it in mono on my auratone wannabe Tascam speakers and made a small cut during mastering, a i found it too strong in the 110 Hz department.

Now I wonder what you might have to say about this Big Grin

.mp3    Rothko 02 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 4.46 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
nice job, good sounding. Cheers
Cheers Sergio, glad you like it Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
listen my last mix please.
Jesper Buhl Trio: 'What Is This Thing Called Love'
Listnin to it today i find the chorus lackin a bit of increase in volume, gonna work on that later today Big Grin

Sounds like a good balance. Haven't check this song yet, but it feels that you've done automation well, as the everything seem to have a nice place in your mix.

It feels like you've "auratoned" the overall sound. Acoustic instruments are bright but still lack the air above 10 K. Maybe that was you intention.

Is the snare sound a little bit boxy. At least if feels little bit different space than other instruments.

Really weird song. I like it. Must try it someday.
good mix, Niels! I love the lead guitar and vocals sounds!!
mixing since April 2013
(23-10-2013, 01:07 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds like a good balance. Haven't check this song yet, but it feels that you've done automation well, as the everything seem to have a nice place in your mix.

It feels like you've "auratoned" the overall sound. Acoustic instruments are bright but still lack the air above 10 K. Maybe that was you intention.

Is the snare sound a little bit boxy. At least if feels little bit different space than other instruments.

Really weird song. I like it. Must try it someday.
I guess its just the way my ears work, and i think the most useful information lies between 100 and 10.000 Hz. I guess i mentioned i grew up when records were vinyl and many radios were tubes and I just like warm frequenzy curves, I get tired from listnin to too bright sounds, like it better to "stretch my hearing" for that certain sound.
I took out a lot o middle from the snare, but maybe the wrong middle :-) I will look into that when I mix it again, and make the choruses bigger, just a little automation will make a lot of diffrence here. Thank you for the listen !

(23-10-2013, 06:05 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: good mix, Niels! I love the lead guitar and vocals sounds!!

Thank you Juan ! I mae a copy of the rhythm guitar track to make it stronger in places and i think it worked out ok. Glad you like it Big Grin
(23-10-2013, 06:38 PM)Voelund Wrote: I guess its just the way my ears work, and i think the most useful information lies between 100 and 10.000 Hz. I guess i mentioned i grew up when records were vinyl and many radios were tubes and I just like warm frequenzy curves, I get tired from listnin to too bright sounds, like it better to "stretch my hearing" for that certain sound.

When I was young in 70's I listend mainly Hank Williams, Elvis, Mississippi John Hurt, Motown, Beatles. I hated modern sounds even back then. But after that I've learn to like also modern music, such as Eagles, Dire Straits (only early years) and even Police Smile

Kind of similar stories we can tell :-) Ive also favored Beatles over anything many many years of my life, I learned to play guitar imitatin their records. Then I got hooked on kinda heavy things like Thin Lizzy, Deep purple, and discovered 10cc, Pink Floyd, Beethoven, bach, all kind of 70 yah Eagles,oto, Kansas, Nina Hagen and lotta other female artists as well, Rickie Lee jones made great sonic pictures i think, Steely Dan were a big influence sonic wise.

Just to say I know what you mean :-) Maybe we just have to know the music a long time to like it Big Grin