Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitch Up Mix
Hello, I thought I'd share my mix on here for some feedback. It was a quick mix so I didn't have time to get to creative. I was planning to do some automation on parts, adding a couple synths and playing with guitar effects but in the end I thought i'd just do a quick clean mix. I also decided to mix it to sound more of a commercial pop song as I have never tried mixing like that before and I thought this track fitted for that sound. Anyway it would be great to here some opinions!

.mp3    stitch up master.mp3 --  (Download: 4.12 MB)

Nice sounding mix,great clean sounding vox,bass a tad loud in places?i cant make my mind up.
Well done
Thanks! I've realised there are a lot of things I should have fine tuned.. like the bass. In the time I spent on it, I concentrated more on the vocals and drums. For me, they were driving the energy of the song. I felt that the guitars and bass didn't need much done to them. But as I said if I spent more time fine tuning, I could have made the mix more interesting.
(21-10-2013, 11:22 PM)alexnewman Wrote: Hello, I thought I'd share my mix on here for some feedback. It was a quick mix so I didn't have time to get to creative. I was planning to do some automation on parts, adding a couple synths and playing with guitar effects but in the end I thought i'd just do a quick clean mix. I also decided to mix it to sound more of a commercial pop song as I have never tried mixing like that before and I thought this track fitted for that sound. Anyway it would be great to here some opinions!

Bass is too loud! Confused