• 0 Votes - 0 Average
My mix "The Wood Brothers - Honey Jar"
31-07-2019, 10:39 PM
RE: My mix "The Wood Brothers - Honey Jar"
No problem, pm anytime.
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2019, 06:20 PM
(31-07-2019 10:39 PM)Lethan Wrote:  No problem, pm anytime.

Hi
I reduced the high frequency level in my mix because there were probably too many of them. The file has been replaced with a new one.
05-08-2019, 03:17 PM
I still don't understand the vocal dropping out near the end. Ruins an otherwise good mix. Why would you leave this unaddressed?

PreSonus Studio One DAW
on RDS Server with Dante Via (ask for details)
[email protected]

05-08-2019, 03:51 PM
(05-08-2019 03:17 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  I still don't understand the vocal dropping out near the end. Ruins an otherwise good mix. Why would you leave this unaddressed?

I do not really understand. Where does the vocal disappear in which part of the song? In the previous version of the mix the end of the vocal was too quiet but in the current version it is probably good.
08-08-2019, 01:48 AM
(05-08-2019 03:51 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  
(05-08-2019 03:17 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  I still don't understand the vocal dropping out near the end. Ruins an otherwise good mix. Why would you leave this unaddressed?

I do not really understand. Where does the vocal disappear in which part of the song? In the previous version of the mix the end of the vocal was too quiet but in the current version it is probably good.

It is a little bit concerning that you are unaware of the vocal dropout which occurs around 4:24. Maybe there was something wrong with the lead vocal track you used but I would urge you to listen to other mixes here at the same time period and you will understand what I am stating.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

08-08-2019, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 06:08 AM by Andrzej Hajdas.)
(08-08-2019 01:48 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  

It is a little bit concerning that you are unaware of the vocal dropout which occurs around 4:24. Maybe there was something wrong with the lead vocal track you used but I would urge you to listen to other mixes here at the same time period and you will understand what I am stating.

Hi Mixinthecloud
I listened to the original vocal track again and now I remember what happened. I deliberately deleted these few vocal words during editing because they had nothing to do with the song. It was some additional statement by the vocalist about Telefunken during the song and that's why I deleted it. So I leave my mix unchanged. I won't add these missing words because they don't match the song.
Thank you for your perceptiveness. Greetings.
08-08-2019, 12:39 PM
(08-08-2019 05:16 AM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  

Hi Mixinthecloud
I listened to the original vocal track again and now I remember what happened. I deliberately deleted these few vocal words during editing because they had nothing to do with the song. It was some additional statement by the vocalist about Telefunken during the song and that's why I deleted it. So I leave my mix unchanged. I won't add these missing words because they don't match the song.

Unfortunately, you chopped out parts of the actually lyric while trying to eliminate the bad parts. I did the same thing in my mix to eliminate the bad stuff so I understand your intent. But your execution is off and as a result part of the actually lyric and flow of the song is missing. That is what I do not understand.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

08-08-2019, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 02:08 PM by Andrzej Hajdas.)
(08-08-2019 12:39 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  
(08-08-2019 05:16 AM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  

Hi Mixinthecloud

Unfortunately, you chopped out parts of the actually lyric while trying to eliminate the bad parts. I did the same thing in my mix to eliminate the bad stuff so I understand your intent. But your execution is off and as a result part of the actually lyric and flow of the song is missing. That is what I do not understand.

Hi
I added a second version of the song with missing words around 4:24 min.
08-08-2019, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 02:30 PM by Mixinthecloud.)
(08-08-2019 02:04 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  Hi

OK. So why didn't you just mute the lines you didn't want? You put everything back in. I do not understand why you are unable to differentiate between actual lyrics and unwanted chatter? I am positive you have the skills to cut the offending lyrics but you don't seem to understand the difference. Is it a language issue? Listen to my mix at the same time to understand what I did to address this.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

08-08-2019, 02:33 PM
(08-08-2019 02:28 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  
(08-08-2019 02:04 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  Hi

OK. So why didn't you just mute the lines you didn't want? You put everything back in. I do not understand why you are unable to differentiate between actual lyrics and unwanted chatter? I am positive you have the skills to cut the offending lyrics but you don't seem to understand the difference. Is it a language issue? Listen to my mix at the same time to understand what I did to address this.

This is a problem with English. I use Google translator. That's why I rarely speak in this forum because I don't understand everything.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: