Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Die Young (FINAL mix)
The hardest thing in this track is the vocals.. Looking forward to seeing all your approaches to it. Those dynamics are crazy.

2 tracks missing.. guitar and keys.. but apparently it comes with a premixed stereo track that quite honestly brings the mix alive. Kinda balanced the mix off of that track so instrumental wasn't as bad as the voice.

Let me know what you think.
Saludos.

--------------update
Final posted. Minor changes done to it but sounds better in my opinion.

.mp3    01DieYoung.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

.mp3    02DieYoungFinal.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

(19-07-2019, 08:04 AM)Shul Wrote: The hardest thing in this track is the vocals.. Looking forward to seeing all your approaches to it. Those dynamics are crazy.

2 tracks missing.. guitar and keys.. but apparently it comes with a premixed stereo track that quite honestly brings the mix alive. Kinda balanced the mix off of that track so instrumental wasn't as bad as the voice.

Let me know what you think.
Saludos.
I have a feeling that the missing stuff may have went into the "MEGA TRACK" and then they just deleted those contributors.
(19-07-2019, 02:12 PM)NewtonThomas Wrote: I have a feeling that the missing stuff may have went into the "MEGA TRACK" and then they just deleted those contributors.

Yeah it's from telefunken so.... I don't know what's up with their tracks sometimes. All I know is I'm glad they give them to us. Some of their recordings are bad like they record whatever comes first and then that's it. Something about that singer with the pops.. especially since it sounds like there was no POP filter used when recorded.
Maybe the guitar player was the singer and he payed more attention to the guitar performance than the voice...anyhow it's a fun track to mix none the less.
Smile
(19-07-2019, 05:58 PM)Shul Wrote:
(19-07-2019, 02:12 PM)NewtonThomas Wrote: I have a feeling that the missing stuff may have went into the "MEGA TRACK" and then they just deleted those contributors.

Yeah it's from telefunken so.... I don't know what's up with their tracks sometimes. All I know is I'm glad they give them to us. Some of their recordings are bad like they record whatever comes first and then that's it. Something about that singer with the pops.. especially since it sounds like there was no POP filter used when recorded.
Maybe the guitar player was the singer and he payed more attention to the guitar performance than the voice...anyhow it's a fun track to mix none the less.
Smile
Remember Jones: "Don't Put me on Hold" (also Telefunken) had some pretty serious plosive issues. Also a good track. I saw the video for that one and they were using some of their stage type vocal mics with no pop filter. And then they will do Uncle Dad: "Who I Am" and seem to use the high end large diaphragm stuff.
Ah makes sense. Just watched the video of this. Loved that snare verb I think I'm gonna try to replicate it lol.
Well I had to use parallel compression to even out the vocals.. and I used a highpass at around 300hz to get rid of the pops to a point. You can't do much when the recording is like that. Indeed they used a dynamic mic with no POP filter.. so that explains everything.
Final posted.