Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My mix "Penniless Wild - Seat Back"
19-07-2019, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2019 07:57 AM by Andrzej Hajdas.)
My mix "Penniless Wild - Seat Back"
Hi
I present my initial mix of this song. There will be corrections later.

.mp3   Penniless Wild - Seat Back (f).mp3 --  (Download: 10.26 MB)

.mp3   Penniless Wild - Closer.mp3 --  (Download: 12.79 MB)

.mp3   Penniless Wild - Car Crash.mp3 --  (Download: 9.81 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: My mix "Penniless Wild - Seat Back"
I think the delay effect on the vocal might be too much and distracting. At least in the top of the song where it's just vocal and guitar. It's ok when the band comes and could help the song build more rather than having that effect right away. I think it could come back over all either way.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
A mix doesn't have to be good, it just hast to sound good.
21-07-2019, 10:36 PM
(21-07-2019 05:14 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:  I think the delay effect on the vocal might be too much and distracting. At least in the top of the song where it's just vocal and guitar. It's ok when the band comes and could help the song build more rather than having that effect right away. I think it could come back over all either way.

Hi Roy.
I made a new mix of this song. On the vocal I gave up the echo that actually distracted me. Thank you for your comment.
26-07-2019, 01:55 AM
Hello mate,

I'm liking the new mix more, definitely an improvement. The only question I have is regarding the effects on the drums - why did you go for a verb on the drums opposed to just using room noise? I'm not against verb on drums, its just your seems a little unnatural and goes against the natural feel of the song. The room mics may have other sounds in there, but it was so well recorded it adds massive amounts of texture to the song as a whole. Especially if you squash the room noise with compression.

~
New Mixes
Outta Control | Long Way Home | Roar
~
26-07-2019, 04:12 PM
(26-07-2019 01:55 AM)Quathamer Wrote:  Hello mate,

I'm liking the new mix more, definitely an improvement. The only question I have is regarding the effects on the drums - why did you go for a verb on the drums opposed to just using room noise? I'm not against verb on drums, its just your seems a little unnatural and goes against the natural feel of the song. The room mics may have other sounds in there, but it was so well recorded it adds massive amounts of texture to the song as a whole. Especially if you squash the room noise with compression.

Hi
Thank you for your comment. I like the sound of reverb drums. I will try to make a new mix without the reverberation on the drums. We'll see how it will sound.
08-08-2019, 11:03 AM
(26-07-2019 04:12 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  
(26-07-2019 01:55 AM)Quathamer Wrote:  Hello mate,

Hi
Thank you for your comment. I like the sound of reverb drums. I will try to make a new mix without the reverberation on the drums. We'll see how it will sound.

I changed the recording file to a newer version.
08-08-2019, 12:46 PM
I like your approach with the drums. It works well with the vocal character which allows for creative expressions with other instruments. The only thing I am not on board with is the location of the first guitar. It slightly unbalances the mix. Your guitars tones are excellent as is the use of the keyboard.
Nicely done.

PreSonus Studio One DAW
on RDS Server with Dante Via (ask for details)
[email protected]

08-08-2019, 08:46 PM
(08-08-2019 12:46 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  I like your approach with the drums. It works well with the vocal character which allows for creative expressions with other instruments. The only thing I am not on board with is the location of the first guitar. It slightly unbalances the mix. Your guitars tones are excellent as is the use of the keyboard.
Nicely done.

Thank you for your comment. This is a very good song and I'm surprised that so few colleagues got interested in this song.
11-09-2019, 06:31 AM
(08-08-2019 08:46 PM)Andrzej Hajdas Wrote:  
(08-08-2019 12:46 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:  I like your approach with the drums. It works well with the vocal character which allows for creative expressions with other instruments. The only thing I am not on board with is the location of the first guitar. It slightly unbalances the mix. Your guitars tones are excellent as is the use of the keyboard.
Nicely done.

Thank you for your comment. This is a very good song and I'm surprised that so few colleagues got interested in this song.

ok

Support my video work!
Advertisement: