Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Library Preview Mix
18-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Library Preview Mix
Download the multitracks here.

.mp3   HeartOfMyHometown_Full_Preview.mp3 --  (Download: 5.27 MB)

Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio | Recording Secrets for the Small Studio
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2019, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2019 03:32 AM by Mongo.)
RE: Library Preview Mix
(19-07-2019 06:48 PM)Dogbert Wrote:  Hi Mike,
You may want to check the multitracks, some tracks are out of sync.

Seems like a complete train wreck... highly unusual for Telefunken. After many hours of wasted time, found it was no match for me. Defiantly separates the pros from the amateurs!

(lucky I didn't smash my computer... aaaarrrrggg!!!)

Mixing is like chasing a rainbow, just can't catch that pot 'o gold.
26-07-2019, 03:34 AM
I believe all the ends of the tracks line up.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Today, 09:40 AM
(26-07-2019 03:34 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote:  I believe all the ends of the tracks line up.

Yup -- well spotted. I've amended the multitrack files and am just re-uploading them now... I'd kind of assumed Telefunken would have checked that kind of thing, but everyone makes sync mistakes while exporting multitracks from time to time I suppose. I certainly have in the past! Smile

Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio | Recording Secrets for the Small Studio
Today, 12:38 PM
(Today 09:40 AM)Mike Senior Wrote:  
(26-07-2019 03:34 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote:  I believe all the ends of the tracks line up.

Yup -- well spotted. I've amended the multitrack files and am just re-uploading them now... I'd kind of assumed Telefunken would have checked that kind of thing, but everyone makes sync mistakes while exporting multitracks from time to time I suppose. I certainly have in the past! Smile

I think part of the “fun” is having to deal with issues like this from time to time. It’s a good learning experience for mixers. It’s rare that you’ll always get pristine tracks to work with.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: