Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Of The Water Flymix
Here is my mix of this, I hope you like a little complicated the matter of the guitars and vocals, the battery also cost me a little eq and all the way I still do not like the sound.
Any inputs??

from the end of the world
Sergio

.mp3    South of the Wate(mstr)r.mp3 --  (Download: 5.42 MB)

Hey Flyrecords,

From just a quick listen, everything sounds muffled. The guitars are almost inaudible. Probably could also use a high pass filter to cut out some of the low end to bring in a little clarity. Also, the kick sample you used should have some more top end on it. It is not really cutting through the mix. Your main issue is you need to EQ more.
The voices, the tambourine and the highs sound good, but youre right, somthins wrong in the mix.
I think its the lowend and drums need be stronger
I would suggest tryin to mix the music first, make it strong, the bas and kick more powerful to drive the song. I know the raw tracks and have the feeling you boosted the topend a lot, thats good, but the lowend is also imprtant.
Take a rest from it a couple o days, maybe listen to other mixed versions here and try startin mix again from scratch.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order