Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripe: 'Little Lighter'
1st draft, needs some more automation and balance

Comments welcome!

02a.mp3 is the update. Worked on the drums and room tracks. Thinned the bass out some, but added a little grit to it.
Comments Welcome
Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    Ripe-little louder-02a.mp3 --  (Download: 4.95 MB)

.mp3    Ripe-little lighter-01.mp3 --  (Download: 4.95 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
nice mix
(15-07-2019, 04:58 AM)Txory Wrote: nice mix

Thanks Txory, much appreciated
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Bass is dominating the bottom in not a great way and stealing punch from the kit. Guitars a very good. Voice is fine. It's the bass and snare which need some clarification I believe. Over-all it retains good energy and is a pretty good listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(15-07-2019, 02:15 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Bass is dominating the bottom in not a great way and stealing punch from the kit. Guitars a very good. Voice is fine. It's the bass and snare which need some clarification I believe. Over-all it retains good energy and is a pretty good listen.

Thanks MITC, just listened again with fresh ears and I see what your saying, Ill work on that on the revisit. Thanks for the help

Cheers
K
New version up, 02a.mp3 Took MITC suggestions and also worked on the room tracks

Comments Welcome!!Smile
Nice Balanced Mix Kirk , Good job with the panning of the guitars and Brass.
Thinking a little more definition with the bass and kick , I recall having similar phase issues with the bottom end ,had a look at my session and I muted kick in , flipped the phase on kick out (eqed -4db around 140-150hz , also flipped the phase on the Bass amp and Drum shell for some more punch.
well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(18-07-2019, 12:01 PM)thedon Wrote: Nice Balanced Mix Kirk , Good job with the panning of the guitars and Brass.
Thinking a little more definition with the bass and kick , I recall having similar phase issues with the bottom end ,had a look at my session and I muted kick in , flipped the phase on kick out (eqed -4db around 140-150hz , also flipped the phase on the Bass amp and Drum shell for some more punch.
well Done Big Grin

Thanks Don
Ill recheck the phase on the drums and bass as you mentioned. Good stuff Don thanks for taking the time.
Cheers
Kirk
Hi Kirk i agree with Don about phase issues,good job as already said well done.
Reaper user
(21-07-2019, 01:57 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk i agree with Don about phase issues,good job as already said well done.

Thanks Cudjoe,
going to work on this one again soon and see if I can get the phase issues straightened out.