Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Life Gets In The Way' - Fytakyte - Mix -
Hi guys,here is my mix for this cool song.It was enjoyable that working on it.

I hope you guys like it.

Cheers !!

EDIT:Minor changes in the second version.

.mp3    Life Gets In The Way.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

.mp3    Life Gets In The Way2nd.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

Hi berkaykorkmaz - I like a lot of things about your mix. The drums sounds are excellent, and overall, the mix sounds well controlled in the low end. There is no muddiness, frequency-wise or unevenness in the micro-dynamics.

A few things I noticed:
- The lead vocal sounds a little muted in the top end, causing it to recede back into the soundstage, rather than come forward.
- The background vocals tend to have a lot of unnecessary low end in them. This gives the impression that they are quite "large", proportional to the other mix elements. This, in turn results in other mix elements with less low end seeming "smaller", which relates to the next point...
- The distorted rhythm guitars in the chorus seem to have a lot of low end cut from them. While this clears space in the low end, it also makes the background vocals appear "larger" proportionally, as they seem to have more low end than the guitars.

Overall, the mix has a lot of good things going for it - nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(13-07-2019, 07:15 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi berkaykorkmaz - I like a lot of things about your mix. The drums sounds are excellent, and overall, the mix sounds well controlled in the low end. There is no muddiness, frequency-wise or unevenness in the micro-dynamics.

A few things I noticed:
- The lead vocal sounds a little muted in the top end, causing it to recede back into the soundstage, rather than come forward.
- The background vocals tend to have a lot of unnecessary low end in them. This gives the impression that they are quite "large", proportional to the other mix elements. This, in turn results in other mix elements with less low end seeming "smaller", which relates to the next point...
- The distorted rhythm guitars in the chorus seem to have a lot of low end cut from them. While this clears space in the low end, it also makes the background vocals appear "larger" proportionally, as they seem to have more low end than the guitars.

Thank you for your great advices FytaKyte.I guess i need to work on lead vocal and background vocals a little more. Smile You are definetely right about rhythm guitars and also it is related to the background vocals again.

Thanks for listening !!
(13-07-2019, 10:01 AM)berkaykorkmaz Wrote:
(13-07-2019, 07:15 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi berkaykorkmaz - I like a lot of things about your mix. The drums sounds are excellent, and overall, the mix sounds well controlled in the low end. There is no muddiness, frequency-wise or unevenness in the micro-dynamics.

A few things I noticed:

Thank you for your great advices FytaKyte.I guess i need to work on lead vocal and background vocals a little more. Smile You are definetely right about rhythm guitars and also it is related to the background vocals again.

Thanks for listening !!