Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte "Life Gets In The Way"
Hey!

First post here, I'm a live guy looking to expand a little bit. First attempt at one of these practice tracks, would appreciate any feedback, as harsh as needed Smile

.mp3    life gets in the way v1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.64 MB)

No need for harsh feedback, but I'll be happy to give a couple cents mate!

This is actually pretty good to be honest. I like how you got seperation from the lead guitar to give it some stereo image. That was a good move. And the guitars in general sound pretty sweet.

I think an oportunity to improve the mix would be to marry up the bass and the kick. I don't know if you have a sub, but there is almost no bass in the sub frequencies. I can understand the bass can mess things up with the guitars, but in this case it feels like the kick is all on its owe to create low-end body.

Hope this helps!
~
Other Mixes
(07-07-2019, 05:48 AM)Quathamer Wrote: No need for harsh feedback, but I'll be happy to give a couple cents mate!

This is actually pretty good to be honest. I like how you got seperation from the lead guitar to give it some stereo image. That was a good move. And the guitars in general sound pretty sweet.

I think an oportunity to improve the mix would be to marry up the bass and the kick. I don't know if you have a sub, but there is almost no bass in the sub frequencies. I can understand the bass can mess things up with the guitars, but in this case it feels like the kick is all on its owe to create low-end body.

Hope this helps!

Don't have a sub, in fact I mixed this on headphones. Car test confirms you're totally correct though. Appreciate it!
Felt like giving it another shot tonight - worked on the bass a little, did some automation, and a few other things

.mp3    life2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.77 MB)

Wow its come alive! Much nicer!
~
Other Mixes
Just listening to the second mix - pretty cool! I love the rawness of the sounds and the overall energy in the mix. The instrumental balances are very good, and the whole thing gels together nicely with a nice warm and full tone.

The vocals need a bit of work to keep them clear and audible above the music at times - just a little more volume and maybe some automation would help. Try listening to the mix very softly & check where phrases and words get lost.

I can hear a lot of buildup in the low frequencies of the background vocals - More attention to removing unwanted low frequencies will help clear those up.

Overall, nicely done!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Drum mix needs to be cleaned up and overheads need to be tamed. I like the stereo image, feels very vintage and wide. The lead vox are a little low and need to be automated up when the DT are not playing also to make sure they remain audible with the heavy guitars and bass.