Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Time Weekend. . .
A great performance by some really talented players. Kudos to anyone who can pull off an accelerando the way these guys did.

This is another song I had mixed several years back but this is a new mix and master. My original had the vocals too hot. Other than that it mostly stayed the same.

There is a lot of automation going on with the guitars as far as effects and tone changes are concerned. A lot of dynamics cleanup too to hide noises and give clarity during sections of the piece. Edited the vocal tracks too to eliminate as much bleed as possible.

My 2 buss approach on this was rather unique. It included EQ, compression and an IR reverb to put everyone in the same space. I liked the way that turned out as I think it gives a lot of cohesion to the mix. There is gate reverb on some of the drums and I know some will not like it on the snare. I really dig it.

Anyway, your comments are appreciated.

Thanks,
mITc

.mp3    One Time Weekend - One Time Weekend.mp3 --  (Download: 20.94 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I love the gated verb on the kit pieces....
(12-07-2019, 11:00 PM)vicenzajay Wrote: I love the gated verb on the kit pieces....

Hey! Thanks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Very well done mix, good dynamics, sound well balanced. Great job!
(08-08-2019, 07:25 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote: Very well done mix, good dynamics, sound well balanced. Great job!

Thanks so much.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]