Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte's 'Life Gets In the Way' (EquilibriumMIX)
Which option sounds better? R3 - more detail, less SUB. RDSH is a powerful bass, softer sound... Leave feedback in the comments, rate, critique.
Special thanks to FytaKyte for a great song!
--------------------------------

I've changed the structure of the song, as you've noticed. Smile Changes to the mix: frequency conflict, processing and panoramic guitars were eliminated, the sound body in drums was added, 95 Hz (KDrums) was increased by 2 dB, 95 Hz (BASS) was decreased by 2 dB, volume and panoramic automation was added, etc. Average volume mix (RMS) = -10 dB.
FytaKyte writes superb songs. It stimulates creative thought. Smile
P.S. Listen to v.2
P.P.S. If a video clip was created for this song, mono is a black and white image, stereo is a color one. It is quite possible to play with this.

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Life Gets In the Way\' RDSH.mp3 --  (Download: 9.55 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Life Gets In the Way\' R3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.57 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Life Gets In the Way\' R3 v.2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.1 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Life Gets In the Way\' RDSH v.2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.11 MB)

Alexander
Hey Alexander, these are both cool mixes. I really enjoy the way you handled the vocals and the guitars especially. The ambience is very cool too - It sounds "big" without sounding in any way washed out or distant.

The one thing that sticks out to me in both mixes is the weakness of the kick drum. It just seems to be overpowered by the snare and doesn't have the low end weight and punch to match the impact of your snare sound. I reckon if you could sort the kick out, you would have a killer mix either way.

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(10-07-2019, 09:56 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Alexander, these are both cool mixes. I really enjoy the way you handled the vocals and the guitars especially. The ambience is very cool too - It sounds "big" without sounding in any way washed out or distant.

The one thing that sticks out to me in both mixes is the weakness of the kick drum. It just seems to be overpowered by the snare and doesn't have the low end weight and punch to match the impact of your snare sound. I reckon if you could sort the kick out, you would have a killer mix either way.

Nice work!

Thank you very much for your comment! In the next two days, I will try to correct the situation, taking into account your comments.
Alexander
Balances are pretty good. I don't share the like on that snare. sounds like a laser gun too much. I'd use that for like an electro instrumental or something.
I prefer the first one because I like it's midrange. Midrange makes it sound creamy and I like that.

I like the vox work.. something I didn't really work much with in mine.
Keep it up!
(10-07-2019, 09:56 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Alexander, these are both cool mixes. I really enjoy the way you handled the vocals and the guitars especially. The ambience is very cool too - It sounds "big" without sounding in any way washed out or distant.

Nice work!

Still, I did it. There are a lot of changes in the mix. Rate it (V.2). Smile
Alexander
(12-07-2019, 08:40 AM)Shul Wrote: Balances are pretty good. I don't share the like on that snare. sounds like a laser gun too much. I'd use that for like an electro instrumental or something.
I prefer the first one because I like it's midrange. Midrange makes it sound creamy and I like that.

I like the vox work.. something I didn't really work much with in mine.
Keep it up!

In the mix, something is changed and ready for listening (V.2). Smile
Alexander
Nice creativity and variation with V2. I enjoyed the alternate beginning, It gives the song a fresh feel. R3 version works better for my ears also. A clearer image and a more forward sound that I like.
Great work!
(17-07-2019, 11:44 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice creativity and variation with V2. I enjoyed the alternate beginning, It gives the song a fresh feel. R3 version works better for my ears also. A clearer image and a more forward sound that I like.
Great work!

Thank you very much for your evaluation!
Alexander
Hey Alex - cool intro - I like it! Much better balance between the kick and snare - very punchy!

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(19-07-2019, 10:04 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey Alex - cool intro - I like it! Much better balance between the kick and snare - very punchy!

Nice work!

Thank you very much!
Alexander