Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage Raspberry Jam updated 3
Even though its a small track count its not as straight forward as first thought,so i went dark almost lofi mix,all comments welcomed.

.mp3    thelvnguage Raspberry Jam mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.17 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage Raspberry Jam mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.1 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage Raspberry Jam mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.12 MB)

Reaper user
I thought i would do a brighter mix2
Reaper user
Mix 1 is probably too rounded off for my ears, with the biggest issue being with the drums losing their impact. That been said, I really like the drum sound in the second mix, and I think it works well. There are some resonances I'm hearing in mix 2 that is robbing the mix of some clarity with the main culprit being around 350hz which i'm guessing is coming from the keys. I reckon if you can clear these up you could end up with your lofi mix. Even with the brighter of the 2 that will be very fitting and should work well.
(05-07-2019, 12:58 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Mix 1 is probably too rounded off for my ears, with the biggest issue being with the drums losing their impact. That been said, I really like the drum sound in the second mix, and I think it works well. There are some resonances I'm hearing in mix 2 that is robbing the mix of some clarity with the main culprit being around 350hz which i'm guessing is coming from the keys. I reckon if you can clear these up you could end up with your lofi mix even with the brighter of the 2 that will be very fitting and should work well.
Cheers for that Dave i will as usual make adjustments,"those rhodes "lol.
Reaper user
Mix 3 uploaded based on feedback from Dave,Cheers.
Reaper user
it's a good mix... sounds raw. Balance is pretty solid.

Only thing for me here is the left guitar needs reverb but that's about it.
Loved the oldschool drum sound.
(12-07-2019, 11:16 PM)Shul Wrote: it's a good mix... sounds raw. Balance is pretty solid.

Only thing for me here is the left guitar needs reverb but that's about it.
Loved the oldschool drum sound.
Thanks Shul I will look into it at some point.
Reaper user
Hey cudjoe,
Have listened to version 3. I really like it, it has cool vibe. I would only take off the reverb frome the rhodes, or find something not as much noticable. Cool Snare sound, but a bit too bright imho.
Good Job, cheers!
(29-07-2019, 12:38 AM)Lethan Wrote: Hey cudjoe,
Have listened to version 3. I really like it, it has cool vibe. I would only take off the reverb frome the rhodes, or find something not as much noticable. Cool Snare sound, but a bit too bright imho.
Good Job, cheers!
Thanks very muchBig Grin
Reaper user
I had a bit of spare time so i revisited this mix and updated it.

.mp3    thelvnguage Raspberry Jam new mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.2 MB)

Reaper user