Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hop Along With Kane - Guru - New and Updated
Wait, I meant Amos Moses by Jerry Reed. (That's easier)
(16-07-2019, 08:05 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Wait, I meant Amos Moses by Jerry Reed. (That's easier)

I'd be thinking more Dr. John.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-07-2019, 08:12 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(16-07-2019, 08:05 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Wait, I meant Amos Moses by Jerry Reed. (That's easier)

I'd be thinking more Dr. John.
That's not easier! But I can grasp that (at least in a 6 degrees of separation sense)
This just brought about a lot of memories....
(16-07-2019, 08:21 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: This just brought about a lot of memories....

You have to just say the voice is almost a tribute to Mac Rebenak. Be that as it may, I listened to the Jerry song and this tune has a lot of roots there too.

2" memories?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
2" in 2" tape. I once was an assistant on a Bluesiana (sp?) record that was on 2" tape. There was a lot of things that happened on that session. Not Dr John related but technical.
(16-07-2019, 09:43 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: 2" in 2" tape. I once was an assistant on a Bluesiana (sp?) record that was on 2" tape. There was a lot of things that happened on that session. Not Dr John related but technical.

That does not sound like it turned out well.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey MITC

Sounds good to me, everything sits nicely, good balance. For me I kinda like juicier horns, but sounds great dryer too.
Nice Mix!!

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(16-07-2019, 09:47 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(16-07-2019, 09:43 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: 2" in 2" tape. I once was an assistant on a Bluesiana (sp?) record that was on 2" tape. There was a lot of things that happened on that session. Not Dr John related but technical.

That does not sound like it turned out well.
It all worked out.