Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Gets In The way - My Mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for listening to it.
Hello Hotpants,

Pretty good mix, but it seems like the tonal foundation of the song seems a little low-end heavy. This can happen when listening on small speakers or speakers without subs. Or Headphones. Or earphones. The actual mix itself is pretty good though, especially the lead vocal. All this mix would need is an eq over the master, and that's it.

In my opinion.
~
Other Mixes
(07-07-2019, 05:52 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Hello Hotpants,

Pretty good mix, but it seems like the tonal foundation of the song seems a little low-end heavy. This can happen when listening on small speakers or speakers without subs. Or Headphones. Or earphones. The actual mix itself is pretty good though, especially the lead vocal. All this mix would need is an eq over the master, and that's it.

In my opinion.

Hi. Thanks for listening to it. I´ll try to improve as you said.
Hi Silvio, yes I agree with Quathamer, while the internal balances of the mix are quite respectable, the mix overall has way too much below about 200hz. On the other extreme, possibly to counteract the overbearing lows, the high end has been boosted too much as well, from about 7k upwards.

I suspect the problem may be lack of reasonably accurate monitoring. If that is the case, try comparing your mix with a commercial reference using SPAN or a similar frequency analyser. It should be pretty clear where the problems are.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(10-07-2019, 01:53 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Silvio, yes I agree with Quathamer, while the internal balances of the mix are quite respectable, the mix overall has way too much below about 200hz. On the other extreme, possibly to counteract the overbearing lows, the high end has been boosted too much as well, from about 7k upwards.

I suspect the problem may be lack of reasonably accurate monitoring. If that is the case, try comparing your mix with a commercial reference using SPAN or a similar frequency analyser. It should be pretty clear where the problems are.

Hi. Thanks for feedback too.
I fixed it. Please listen to it again and tell me if it´s ok now.
Not a terrible mix, but the drums are quite thin and overhead mix is too prominent and messy. The guitars and vocals are very dry and weak. Try adding reverb and working to a more cohesive sound overall.
(11-07-2019, 03:08 AM)LightYearRecords11 Wrote: Not a terrible mix, but the drums are quite thin and overhead mix is too prominent and messy. The guitars and vocals are very dry and weak. Try adding reverb and working to a more cohesive sound overall.

Ha ha ha...sometimes is not so easy as we think it is.... I´m trying.
I´ll make some changes .... hope it will get it.

.mp3    Life gets in the way MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)