Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Bitter' , mixed by DrEntropy
This is my first ever post on this forum, and my first Mix submission here as well (naturally). This song is just awesome and really stands up to the repeated listening required as I used this to work through Mike Senior's "Mixing Secrets" for the last couple of months.
This mix is very straightforward, mainly stuck with balancing as my primary goal, so no re-arrangements or things of that nature. One issue I had was that in the end the mix sounded 'duller' then the references I chose ("Refugee" by Tom Petty and "Orange Crush" by REM, two of the several suggested by the artist). I know this is a typical problem but I never intentionally put any cuts in the high end so i was quite surprised by this. I had to take another pass to (try) to remedy this, but any further feedback along those lines will be appreciated and saved for future reference!

I look forward to learning from your feedback!

[EDIT: Noticed in my car that my 'brightening' caused sibilance i issues, so added some gentle de-essing. I am going to leave it alone for now though..]
[EDIT2: More aggressive needed! Ok now i am done, warts and all!]

.mp3    CandidateAFinal4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)