Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sugar-Faith Mix Jerze
Here is my take on this mix. This had to be one of the hardest songs for me to mix lot of mood swings.

Thanks for your time and hopefully thoughts!
Jerze

.mp3    Forkupines\'s Sugar-Faith Mix Jerze.mp3 --  (Download: 17.36 MB)

It feels good overall. I didn't over analyze it but nothing jumped out at me as being off.
That's a right nice proper rock mix right there. I'm nit picking but I thick the vocals could be slightly louder but either way, nice one.
Thanks Roy and Rageix for listening and time to comment too you both.
I think I might need to go down this rabbit hole a little deeper to get somethings tighten up though.

Thanks again!
Jerze
This is pretty great mix to be honest, really great vibe and I cant tell you've put a lot of work in.

If I was to give one comment, it would only be that the vocals seem a little too "telephone" compared to the rest of the mix. This is a personal taste thing, but if you intended the vocals to be less tonal than the rest of the track then its spot on.

But overall this is a great mix.
~
Other Mixes
Now i can't decide whose mix better. My 2nd version or this mix.
But here i can hear to much doubler which gives soapy feeling on track.
Hey Jerze - pretty cool sounding mix - Punchy and full.

Overall, it feels like the low end is in general a bit thick in the low mids and slightly overbearing in the subs. I played with it quickly, high passing around 40hz, pulling out around 4dB @ 80hz and about 3dB @ 150hz and it seemed to give it a bit more clarity and less "sludginess" in the low end.

One thing I noticed was that in the sparser sections where it is just drums bass and vocals, the slightly telephony vocals and the distorted top end of the bass seem to be competing with one another. Maybe dialling down the top end of the bass a bit in those sections of the song would improve that.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(25-06-2019, 06:55 PM)jerze Wrote: Here is my take on this mix. This had to be one of the hardest songs for me to mix lot of mood swings.

Thanks for your time and hopefully thoughts!
Jerze

I would have tried puting the bass in the spot at de dynamic passages, if you hear it, it follows the hi-hat, pushing the song forward.