Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GBass Project - You Make Me Smile
What a smooth groove....here's my stab at it. I decided to go quite bass forward (assuming a particular vision given the artist's name) with a bit of a tighter rein on the drum loop (while still letting it pump a bit and drive the track). I also kept the electric piano quite forward (and saturated!) as the 'other' primary melodic instrument - allowing the synths the freedom to roam a bit through the stereo field. As seems to be my habit, I let the smaller percussion pieces have a bit more presence than most - I just really like the color they bring to the palette.

Hope folks enjoy the way it turned out.

.mp3    You Make Me Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 13.6 MB)

Another interpretation (I really like this one):

.mp3    You Make Me Smile 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.6 MB)

(23-06-2019, 06:06 PM)vicenzajay Wrote: Another interpretation (I really like this one):

I like the drum loop, it's pronounced. I have difficulty with this drum track. Nice job!
(30-09-2019, 10:28 AM)onzki Wrote:
(23-06-2019, 06:06 PM)vicenzajay Wrote: Another interpretation (I really like this one):

I like the drum loop, it's pronounced. I have difficulty with this drum track. Nice job!

Thank you very much!

I enjoyed this song quite a bit - the second mix translated quite a bit better on a broader set of speaker types and setups.