Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Daisy Daisy mix.
Here's my second CMT mix, a bit of a departure from the swing jazz of the first.

Nine tracks of punk? This'll be easy, right? Well, not really - the drums were a nightmare at first, although I think I got them into shape in the end. Once the drums were there, everything fell into place, and it helped that the bass sounded awesome.

I got a surprise when I listened to vocal 1 on its own - it's great! Why would you double-track that? And that meant that when I started to get creative with the structure (to make the whole thing a bit snappier and give it more dynamic range), I had some ready made backing vocals. I may have gone too far with the harmoniser on the lead guitar, but that's between me and John McKay.

Other than the harmoniser, there's nothing much here other than compression, EQ, reverb and some snipping with digital scissors.

I really like the song and I'm pleased with the end result - I hope you like it too. Any feedback, particularly negative, would be appreciated (within reason - I have feelings...).

.mp3    Daisy Daisy.mp3 --  (Download: 7.02 MB)