Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix FytaKyte. Bitter
Hello everyone, here's my version of the mix.

.mp3    Fytakyte bitter OF mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Hi filkooto. I really like the "knock" you got out of the snare drum in your mix - cool! The vocals sound very good too - nicely done...

Even though they sound really good, I think the drums dominate the mix too much. The main riff guitar seems very low and distant in most of the mix, which kind of gives me a mental image of the guitar player being down a hallway from the drums and bass. The guitars overall seem very "contained", even in the choruses, where they need to create more impact.

The bass sounds good in the choruses, but in the verse, it has an unusual resonance that makes it sound a little strange to my ear. Just guessing wildly here but I'm thinking it's around the 400hz mark. I think it might be the saturation/distortion on it that is doing it. I can't really describe the feeling it gives me better than to say that it seems to emphasise the bass line, but not in a pleasant way.

Anyhow... I guess a lot of the above might be down to personal taste. Overall, I enjoyed hearing your take on the track.

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases