Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run run run Voelund
Had fun usin all the voices to make a diffrent arrangement.
Played around with Airwindows plugs on kick and bass to make a reggae deep sound.
Listenin now I realize its almost karaoke, voices way too loud, but thats easy to fix.I like the groove and I like the sound.
Please tell me if you think I messed up the song or its ok Big Grin

New version in post 6 and yet another in post 13 :-)

.mp3    Run run run 03b lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.25 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Buddy I think in this I have to tell you some things.
I like the Kick and Bass, but the Snare, Snare ...... but the effect you used is, for me, is not right for reggae.
Take in mind that reggae studies had limited spending to purchase compressors, delays, eqs, just buying the odd good consoles to tape delay, sometimes some eq, and the rest was a pure ear and smoke.
In that sense I think that the "spirit" of reggae remains even today, even though there are already more budget for "everything", using many delays to tape, try not to use both gates.
the voices are good, sometimes a bit confusing for the long delay, you would have to do so with little feedback and panning more aggressive.

Hopefully you understand what I mean, my google translator sometimes does not let me express myself.

A hug

Sergio
Hi Sergio and thnx for takin the time to listen.
I take it its the triple stereo ping pong delay youre talkin about ? I kinda like it, as I like the 3 or 4 other delay things happenin, but I wil hae your suggestions in mind when I mix that one again.
Do you find the voices to be in the right level ? I havent heard it today, but yesterday when listenin after finishin a lot o compin voices together and makin a quick mix I thought they were way too loud. Big Grin

Thank you from the northern side o the world, where we just turned on the heat yesterday. Brrrr.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I think you should pick a vocal take and make you like leader, mute the others, and let the chorus and you will clarify the picture. It's like a lot of shots d voice and if you put them all together is like singing tribune of Manchester utd drunk.
LOL

a big hug bro!

Sergio
Lol I see what you mean Sergio, the thing is I like chaos, if i can control it, and I like to experiment. I will take your advise and turn down the drunken choir :-) But thats how i hear this one, thats how it makes sense to me.
And I will look into the echo thing you mentioned, try and make it more genre stylistic correct Big Grin
Thank you !
Blush For some weird reason ( me ) the delay on snare werent low and hi cut ...
I changed that and thinned out in the voice department, choosing which to keep and whitch to ditch. Changed the ick a bit and added a little more automation.

Thank you Sergio for opening my enthusiastic ears, and makin good suggestions.
You lIke ? Big Grin

.mp3    Ru run run 04 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

Niels, I love the bg voices effects!! the second mix is much better and I couldn't help smiling when you mentioned what happened to the delay on the snare. This is something that happens to me all the time :-)

Heater already there? I'm still wearing short pants and t-shirts here!
mixing since April 2013
My very dear friend Niels, I see that it has improved its mix but the snare effect has not improved much, I would like to hear a good rasta delay, here I leave a bit to hear that esy try to copy it, this is the effect rasta for the snare. I think the latitude where you live will not let you see the "heat". maybe some green smoke would come not bad. hahahahahaha.Tongue
As they say in my country, "followed participating."Confused

its a joke

I hope you succeed

Sergio.Big Grin

.mp3    Sound 1.mp3 --  (Download: 1,015.82 KB)

Hey I see what you mean - gonna look into that when I mix it again.
Thanks for the explanatio :-)

For the green smoke I dont do that anymore, I am crazy enough as I am Big Grin
from time to time does not hurt to smoke some green, to lose a little speed.
the snare effect is a subtle blend of reverb and delay.

started and the cold out there??
Here I start the "heat".

a hug
Sergio