Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Ryan Cali: Back Down
Not my Genre, but gave it a shot

Comments welcome

KWink

version 01.mpg

Cleaned the low end up as suggested, got rid of some of the vocal effects to get them to sit better. Also pulled the Soft Clipper that I set too hot on the master bus and just used the limiter for volume.
Thanks
KSmile

.mp3    Ryan Cali-Back Down.mp3 --  (Download: 4.66 MB)

.mp3    Ryan Cali-Back Down-01.mp3 --  (Download: 4.66 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey, Kirk. Currently on my laptop at work so I can't really tell what's going on below 300hz but overall things seemed to be pretty balanced - every element seems to come through on these tiny speakers. One thing I would do is automate the reverb tail on the vox so that at the end of some lines you don't hear it and others lines its a bit more prominent. Would make it a bit more interesting and less predictable.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(13-06-2019, 03:33 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: Hey, Kirk. Currently on my laptop at work so I can't really tell what's going on below 300hz but overall things seemed to be pretty balanced - every element seems to come through on these tiny speakers. One thing I would do is automate the reverb tail on the vox so that at the end of some lines you don't hear it and others lines its a bit more prominent. Would make it a bit more interesting and less predictable.

Thanks Niko

Yes, good point, Ill do that in next version

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kz, this i going to sound stupid, everything sounds good, the vocal is good it just (and i hate saying catch phrases like this) doesnt glue. it seems to be floating alongside the track. great work as always
(13-06-2019, 03:08 PM)Spandexcore Wrote: Hey Kz, this i going to sound stupid, everything sounds good, the vocal is good it just (and i hate saying catch phrases like this) doesnt glue. it seems to be floating alongside the track. great work as always

Hey SC
Yeah, I agree, its to clean and sounds fluffy. Ill see if I can dirty it up and get it to fit better in the next version.. Thanks man, always good to hear from you

KWink
Hi Kirk i like it alot,i just feel that i can hear the limiter/buss compression working a little too hard?
Reaper user
Loose a bit on bass (all low end) Kirk - that would glue everything most likely to a perfect mix.
(13-06-2019, 10:15 PM)roxa Wrote: Loose a bit on bass (all low end) Kirk - that would glue everything most likely to a perfect mix.

Thanks Roxa for commenting, Ill pull some back in next mix

KSmile
Forgot to add that in my opinion this is the best mix I`ve heard so far... Smile
(14-06-2019, 12:23 PM)roxa Wrote: Forgot to add that in my opinion this is the best mix I`ve heard so far... Smile

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like it

KSmile