Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Lit Moon: 'Dad's Glad' TH Mix
Blue Lit Moon: 'Dad's Glad' Remixed by Tom.Hellsten Thailand
Logic Pro X, Fab Factory ProC and Q and Waves L316
I did some changes ;-)

.mp3    Blue Lit Moon Dad\'s Glad TH Remix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

Mixing in Logic Pro X, normaly only use Logic plug's and Waves L316 on Master track
Very nice big mix Tom. I first listened on my auratone wannebe speakers and thought it sounds great but wheres the bass - turned on my dynaudios and it came to live.
Really nice soundin on speakers capable of reproducin lowend. Great job ! Nice verb and space and I love that echo you make in the start (the echo on "given chance" - great spotted)
Not much else to say but you could add some distortion to bass to make it sound on smaller speakers. The cymbals sound like a LP record, very nice to listen to. Thx for the listen.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks a lot! Well you must make the song more interesting, old trick ;-) same as panning the guitar L-R and delay one 18ms, Big guitar :-)
But the thing with the bass, sounding better in small speaker, if I ad distortion to bass, must have come same time the Loudness war
How do I do that?

Thanks

Tom.
Mixing in Logic Pro X, normaly only use Logic plug's and Waves L316 on Master track
Oh so the double guitar is really only one. I often move parts around to do that, I know its possible with delay - but it can introduce phase problems.
Distortion on bass: You set up a distortion bus, a bus with some distortion plugin on it, eq´d to taste if you want, TAL make a fine free plugin: http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-effects
And stillwell makes the bad buss, workin demo and very good: http://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/st...buss-mojo/
and make a send from bs track to that bus and blend to taste.

Or you put bad buss plugin on the bas bus and adjust to taste.

Or both :-)

If you own it I always throw a UA Fairchild plug on bas and drum bus, doin nearly nothin compressin, but it ads magic to the sound. I think Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks I gone try that out next time the only problem is I can only use 64bit blugins the one you show is 32 only :-(
(16-10-2013, 03:34 PM)Toveco Wrote: Thanks I gone try that out next time the only problem is I can only use 64bit blugins the one you show is 32 only :-(

That never happened in the days of analouge Big Grin
Buying new gear meant soldering new cables or patchbays, never that a certain effect didnt work with a certain mixer or tapemachine. I guess thats what they call invention and progress ...
Said the man who uses a computer some 8 years old and software from same time, and it rocks Big Grin
So do this sound better on your small Speakers?
I use Waves AbbyRoads REDD17, and RoughRider compressor, on the Bass a turn up the drive a bit ;-)

Tell me what you think?

.mp3    v2 Blue Lit Moon Dad\'s Glad TH Remix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

The bas is much more present now on smaller speakers. And it didnt destroy the sound on the bigger ones Big Grin
Nice Case Closed! Thanks for your help! where Can I find more Nice songs to Mix ?
I gone put up all Remixes I have made on iComp, and ask after if I'm good enough to open a small Studio,
only for the local band, who want to hear them self on a CD or anyone need a Mix ;-)

And I need to get a small Computer Speakers to I think
The ones I use: http://fareastgizmos.com/media_devices/t...nitors.php

If I had the money it would be auratones as I know them very well, but these do fair and I often mix on them, checkin bas lvl on the bigger system.
Good luck openin the studio and i wish you happy ears and lots o clients Big Grin