Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
David Tyo - Its So Easy To Love You
This song has a ton of nuance and detail in it and it is no easy task to have all of them expressed well. In this first pass my attention was primarily to vocals since I felt it was the lyric which really carries this song. As a result there is a lot of automation on the vocals. I'm sure I could improve it but this is my first pass. I hope you like it and find it worthy of comment.

David Tyo - Its So Easy To Love You - Pass 2

Dynamics in this arrangement were difficult for me to express well. Wanting to keep the vocals dominant first and foremost (including harmonies) was still my primary concern and building the guitars through the song required a lot of automation. Adding the rhythm section and the piano plus the two banjo parts added to the complexity of keeping the vocals in focus and the dynamics building through the song. I believe this is an improvement over the first version but there may be some work still left to do at the end. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new version.

Thanks,
mITc

.mp3    David Tyo - Its So Easy To Love You.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Davud Tyo - Its So Easy To Love You - Pass 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.43 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hello Mixinthecloud!
The second pass is awesome! I agree with your opinion that this song has so more details and express them well is hard work. But it is fun! In my version of this song I have so many automation, everywhere I thinkSmile.
PreSonus Studio One DAW, PreSonus Studio 24c, Yamaha MSP 5
Hi!
Excellent work on the Pass 2 version. In my opinion, I was just trying to increase the sound image and explore (increase) the low end a little more. By the way, I already had the opportunity to hear some mixes made by you I really like them Smile
Auria Pro | Harrison Mixbus 32C
(01-11-2020, 03:06 PM)Patrono Music Wrote: Hi!
Excellent work on the Pass 2 version. In my opinion, I was just trying to increase the sound image and explore (increase) the low end a little more. By the way, I already had the opportunity to hear some mixes made by you I really like them Smile
Thanks for your kind words. I had a chance to listen to your Selwyn Jazz Ensemble mix, which is very good. I'd guess you've had some experience in that genre. It is crisp and present and full and open. Reminds me of Stan Kenton recordings.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(01-11-2020, 06:47 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
Thanks for your kind words. I had a chance to listen to your Selwyn Jazz Ensemble mix, which is very good. I'd guess you've had some experience in that genre. It is crisp and present and full and open. Reminds me of Stan Kenton recordings.
I didn't know Stan Kenton's work (my fault...), but I went to research! By the way, thanks for your feedback.
(03-11-2020, 12:53 AM)Patrono Music Wrote:
I didn't know Stan Kenton's work (my fault...), but I went to research! By the way, thanks for your feedback.
If you want some of the best big band recordings look into Stan Kenton, Live at Redlands University.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(03-11-2020, 05:07 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 12:53 AM)Patrono Music Wrote:
If you want some of the best big band recordings look into Stan Kenton, Live at Redlands University.
Today I already had the opportunity to research and listen to some songs from Live at Redlands University, and it is a delight to hear those performance, arrangements and production, even 50 years later!!
Hi! Congratulations, great job! I 100% agree that it is a very difficult job, but the result is amazing. Regards
(09-11-2020, 06:47 PM)mike nevera Wrote: Hi! Congratulations, great job! I 100% agree that it is a very difficult job, but the result is amazing. Regards
David's compositions and productions are often complex. Thanks for your comments.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-06-2019, 10:47 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This song has a ton of nuance and detail in it and it is no easy task to have all of them expressed well. In this first pass my attention was primarily to vocals since I felt it was the lyric which really carries this song. As a result there is a lot of automation on the vocals. I'm sure I could improve it but this is my first pass.  I hope you like it and find it worthy of comment.

David Tyo - Its So Easy To Love You - Pass 2

Dynamics in this arrangement were difficult for me to express well. Wanting to keep the vocals dominant first and foremost (including harmonies) was still my primary concern and building the guitars through the song required a lot of automation. Adding the rhythm section and the piano plus the two banjo parts added to the complexity of keeping the vocals in focus and the dynamics building through the song. I believe this is an improvement over the first version but there may be some work still left to do at the end.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new version.

Thanks,
mITc
Hi. Good mix. You have given it a somewhat drier approach than my mix, although I also like it. Great job.