Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
J.May On the line. My first ever mix, Critique please.
Still really learning to hear so critique on what to focus on next would be great. Smile

.mp3    JMayMix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

Hi well you have a bit left to learn ;-)
It sound good clear and nice to be the first time mixing it;s good
BUT The bass is fare to high and the overall sound it a bit to much as you se in the tracks you have 2 guitar, mandolin, Cello,
But you don't use them Now the bass take over the show Use the track you have Pan L-R on the guitar delay one 18ms and you get a nice big sounding guitar
Balance all instrument a.
listening in MONO then you hear if some instrument sound bad or not at all

Well a little bit of advice good luck in the future Mixes

Tom.
Mixing in Logic Pro X, normaly only use Logic plug's and Waves L316 on Master track
(16-10-2013, 11:45 AM)Toveco Wrote: Hi well you have a bit left to learn ;-)
It sound good clear and nice to be the first time mixing it;s good
BUT The bass is fare to high and the overall sound it a bit to much as you se in the tracks you have 2 guitar, mandolin, Cello,
But you don't use them Now the bass take over the show Use the track you have Pan L-R on the guitar delay one 18ms and you get a nice big sounding guitar
Balance all instrument a.
listening in MONO then you hear if some instrument sound bad or not at all

Well a little bit of advice good luck in the future Mixes

Tom.

Thanks for the advice Tom, back to experimenting and reading lots more Smile

Listening on headphones it doesnt sound bad, maybe a bit compressed for the kind of song but I like the bas and the level is high, but thats somthin I could have done too.
The advice listnin mono is good !
And so is the bas sound. I made a worse job than you there Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order