Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar - Faith by Forkupines
Hey! Haven't taken a crack at a mix in a bit so I thought I would give it a go.
Have to get back to work so here's what I have for now.
Mostly just broad strokes at the moment. Didn't realize how long this song is until I exported it, lmao.
I didn't like the snare at all and am used Superior Drummer 3.0 instead. Guitar tones are all the amped up ones. I didn't get around to the toms yet and there is no automation yet.

---------------
Mix 2 up
---------------
Mix 3 up
---------------
Mix 4 up
---------------
Mix 5 up

.mp3    forkupines_sugar_faith.mp3 --  (Download: 18.07 MB)

.mp3    forkupines_sugar_faith_2.mp3 --  (Download: 18.07 MB)

.mp3    forkupines_sugar_faith_4.mp3 --  (Download: 18.07 MB)

.mp3    forkupines_sugar_faith_3.mp3 --  (Download: 18.07 MB)

.mp3    forkupines_sugar_faith_5.mp3 --  (Download: 18.07 MB)

Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
Guitar tones are awesome.. bass is too loud and drums are very...squashed. I think you over did the limiter there is pumping there.
guitar tones are so good though that's what I struggled with.
Thanks! The guitars just need some of the frequencies cleaned up and then a nice high boost.
Niko
Uploaded Mix 2. Redid the drums a bit and adjusted the bass a bit.
Niko
hi! listened version 2. like shul said. indeed the drum mics/samples feel like they're ducking the overheads/cymbals a bit too much? maybe separate ohs/cmbls from drum bus? the bass has a kind of 'over solid edm character', maybe ease up on that too? guitars and vocals have great tone. also nice clipping/fast limiting on main mix. great work! ^_^
Thanks! I couldn't quite get the vibe I was after without slamming the limiter hard Smile
Redid the drum bus compression (opted for some parallel compression instead) and redid the bass tone in Mix 3!
Niko
Mix 4 up. tinkered with the kick and snare tones and adjusted the low end.
Niko
(12-06-2019, 07:27 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: Mix 4 up. tinkered with the kick and snare tones and adjusted the low end.

hi! in overall, i think youve been changing your highs into not-so-good direction after version 2. in version 4 it's approaching 'toothache'. maybe some high frequency limiting for main mix or something could be useful? the bass and mids seem to be in good balance. ^_^
(13-06-2019, 09:22 PM)kapu Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 07:27 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: Mix 4 up. tinkered with the kick and snare tones and adjusted the low end.

hi! in overall, i think youve been changing your highs into not-so-good direction after version 2. in version 4 it's approaching 'toothache'. maybe some high frequency limiting for main mix or something could be useful? the bass and mids seem to be in good balance. ^_^
Yeah! Agreed... things got way too bright. I fixed things up I think now with mix 5. I started doing some automation. Overall I think I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out now. There's still some stuff I want to change up but it takes too long to export this song now lol. I'll save that for another day.
Niko
Hi Niko

The only thing is the snare, I don't know if its the reverb, but sounds a little hollow. other than that everything else is sounding good.
Nice Job!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.