Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag Me Down
I love this song. Great band! And everything was well recorded which made my job easier. I used Slate Trigger on the drums, and some Waves stuff all over the mix.
I would love to hear how it can be improved if anyone has any feedback. If you are listening on a mono device, the toms at the very beginning of the song don't cut through as much as I'd like them to. If I raise the volume on them anymore they'll stick out too much in stereo. But the rest of the time, the toms sound fine (I hope). It's just that little fill in the very beginning.

.mp3    Adam Buckley_Drag Me Down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

After listening to my mix after a while of not hearing it, I could tell that the main guitars were too loud, and once I lowered their volume, the vocals needed to be readjusted. A few other minor tweaks here and there, and now I'm going to let it sit for a day or so and then listen back. If I think it's better, I'll post it.

Updated mix to come.
Ok so I've made a lot of changes mostly in terms of volume and where everything sits. I turned the two main electric guitars down a little and blended the vocals in better. I also panned the toms inward some as opposed to hard left and right, which I find gives them better clarity and more intelligibility when listening on a mono device.

All feedback is welcomed!

.mp3    Adam Buckley_Drag Me Down_New.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

I noticed overall it sounded a little dull and the vocals weren't as up front as they could be. I tried to fix this as best as I could.

.mp3    Adam Buckley_Drag Me Down_Master 7.mp3 --  (Download: 7.58 MB)