Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUAGR-FAITH
Feedback Appreciated and returned

.mp3    SUGAR-FAITH2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

.mp3    SUAGR-FAITH.mp3 --  (Download: 18.07 MB)

authentic and raw punk approach. there seems to be some guitar di-tracks present. was that on purpose? actually, it sounds quite acceptable. nice work. ^_^
Overall it's a different approach, yeah but I like a lot of it. It grounds the song. It doesn't have that "anthem" sound but it still works. The drums are a dry, which I like in this version but still could use some sense of space. I think the balance of the guitars need work. Especially the guitars 2-5 (I think). I like the DI being in there. It adds some definition. (I put some of the di in my mix as well to add some clarity but not to this extent). The clean guitars that are more on the right are a little distracting. If you had that general idea of tone balanced out a bit smoother (both in level and stereo image) you might have a really cool mix and different vision of this song.

Also, I think overall (as far as I can tell on my earbuds) the low end feels good. Correct me if I'm wrong but do you normally work with Hip Hop? Usually your mixes are pretty heavy in the low end which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but it seems good in this case. I don't know if that's just how it worked out or if you intentionally went in that direction but it works.
(05-06-2019, 10:19 PM)kapu Wrote: authentic and raw punk approach. there seems to be some guitar di-tracks present. was that on purpose? actually, it sounds quite acceptable. nice work. ^_^

Thanks Yea the di's were in there..was a quick laptop mix
(06-06-2019, 02:01 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Overall it's a different approach, yeah but I like a lot of it. It grounds the song. It doesn't have that "anthem" sound but it still works. The drums are a dry, which I like in this version but still could use some sense of space. I think the balance of the guitars need work. Especially the guitars 2-5 (I think). I like the DI being in there. It adds some definition. (I put some of the di in my mix as well to add some clarity but not to this extent). The clean guitars that are more on the right are a little distracting. If you had that general idea of tone balanced out a bit smoother (both in level and stereo image) you might have a really cool mix and different vision of this song.

Also, I think overall (as far as I can tell on my earbuds) the low end feels good. Correct me if I'm wrong but do you normally work with Hip Hop? Usually your mixes are pretty heavy in the low end which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but it seems good in this case. I don't know if that's just how it worked out or if you intentionally went in that direction but it works.

hI THANKS for the listen Roy. I do..do a lot of hiphop so im always boosting the low end sub consciously. This mix was a quick laptop mix i went back in and did a full analog mix without the di's and better stereo image plus tone

Thanks again ill be giving your mix and Kapu's a listen

I checked out version 2. The biggest thing that jumps out at me are the drums. The snare in particular feels boxy. Are you using the "trigger" drum tracks? They might be adding too much of a dead click sound if you are. In general the 'skin' drums could be bigger sounding, though the snare could come back a hair as well. They're also pretty dry feeling compared to the rest of the band. I can hear (gated?) reverb on the snare but they don't feel in the same space as the rest of the band. The hat is a bit loud but the overhead/room sound good.

Everything else feels good. The online player keeps restarting for me so I can't listen to the whole mix but the rest of the tones all work. The vocal is a bit out front.

Overall it works. The drums need some tweaking but the rest is pretty close.