Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines Sugar Faith
My take on it. One is automated to adjust the final volume level another is not.Please do comment about your likings(if any) or dislikings.

.mp3    Forkupines Sugar-Faith.mp3 --  (Download: 17.6 MB)

I think the bass was not the best choice. It sounds like it's playing out of a ripped amp at times.
I like the guitar eq choice but maybe less reverb... you used reverb on them right?
(01-06-2019, 07:57 AM)Shul Wrote: I think the bass was not the best choice. It sounds like it's playing out of a ripped amp at times.
I like the guitar eq choice but maybe less reverb... you used reverb on them right?

Thank you for your comments. Yes I did applied some reverb on the guitars.I will rethink about the bass arrangement.
Yeah mate, I recon the bass isn't that bad to be honest. It's defined and I can hear the finger work which is nice and the eq is good, I think it just needs a bit more compression. Guitars are nice and wide and I'm loving the verb, I would have loved to hear more of those drums, they sound clear and crispy xx
~
Other Mixes
For the bass I would definitely check between 400-600hz. Something is getting that 'cocked wah' sound to happen.
(01-06-2019, 11:15 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Yeah mate, I recon the bass isn't that bad to be honest. It's defined and I can hear the finger work [...]

Hi guys,
I'm the Forkupines' recording guy.
I don't mean to be a nitpicker but Jens, the bassist, played with a pick. No fingers here. Wink

He was going for a modernish but warm sounding bass sound, that's why we used a Jazzie and a Darkglass B3K through a Trace Elliot AH30 and an Ampeg SVT 610 with a compressor in the signal chain to boost the attack of the pick.

Cheers,
Till