Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostly Beard - Fool
Hi,

My mix. Comments welcomed.

Thanks!

Update: Mix Revision 1 added.

.mp3    Ghostly Beard - Fool.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

.mp3    Ghostly Beard - Fool - Revision 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.76 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Sonically this sounds really good, just too much drums for my ears. Maybe down 3dB or possibly more would work better as far as balance goes. I would love to have a listen with this adjustment made.
Thanks for giving it a listen and for the advice. I've turned down the drums fader by about 4.5db (Revision 1). To me it seems that bringing down the drums a few db has brought out the other elements nicely, particularly the Rhodes. Not sure if I could even bring the drums down a bit more perhaps?
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(31-05-2019, 10:17 PM)mikej Wrote: Thanks for giving it a listen and for the advice. I've turned down the drums fader by about 4.5db (Revision 1). To me it seems that bringing down the drums a few db has brought out the other elements nicely, particularly the Rhodes. Not sure if I could even bring the drums down a bit more perhaps?

Rev1 much better. Could possibly come down a bit more but not too sure really. You'll have to experiment. You could also try moving them back with some room reverb but you'd want to be careful not to lose that cracking drum sound.
An enjoyable listen mikej. Well done.
Thanks for the feedback on the mix revision. I've been working on improving my drum mixing so it's good to know things are heading in the right direction. I hope I've got a better handle on getting the drums balanced in the mix now thanks to your comments. I was listening back on headphones earlier and with the drums that touch lower in the mix it really does unmask the lower end of the vocal and also improves the instrument balance. I was quite surprised how much volume I could take off actually. Good insight that has helped me a lot. Much appreciated.