Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Bitter_Full_qmix1
Hi!

Any feedback appreciated.

.mp3    FytaKyte - Bitter_Full_qmix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

Drums are very compressed, it sounds cool, but I think the Kick gets a little too much highend slap on it that I would tame for this song. And the bass has a little resonance somewhere, probably around 300hz. I think a multiband compressor on the bass could help keep that area under control.

I like the tone on everything else and it all sounds balanced. Besides those 2 things up there I would say, good mix!
Thanks for the feedback Friggy!
Hi Q - Sounding pretty good overall.

I'd echo Friggy's comments about the drums sounding a bit too squashed. Try adjusting the attack and release times on your drum comps - maybe a slower attack and a faster release?

The other thing I noticed was the acoustic guitars sound a little strident. The transients of the pick attack tend to jump out a bit too much and tickle the ears in a slightly non-pleasing way. Maybe try a faster attack on the acoustic guitar comps to soften those transients, and perhaps just ease off the high mids on the acoustic around the 4-6k mark.

Thanks for sharing your version!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi Fyta,

Thanks for the feedback!