Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another great song ! :D
share your feelings on this one...
gone with a dark balance for this mix as i feel the lyrics asked for it.
i think its sounding nice overall, with lots of dynamics ... Used some tape emulation also to bring a little more textures and depth.
its was a pleasure to make another trial mix with a great sounding band.

mix without mastering so spank this volume up!hehe Big Grin

.mp3    Blue Lit Moon - Dad´s Glad (Tim D mix4master).mp3 --  (Download: 8.98 MB)

BUMP x2 !Big Grin thxxx
(09-11-2012, 02:13 PM)Tim D Wrote: BUMP x2 !Big Grin thxxx

It sounds pretty good generally, but the sub frequencies in the bass are off putting for me. (They kind of distract)

yeah the drums should be a little more upfront and the bass more under the kick pushing it... i agree this bass isnt tuned with the drums like it should bass is a lot on the sub freqs side and losing focus.. not tight nor cutting it
in fact i too hear it messing around and taking the attention off the vocal where it should be.

its great you sharing this simple sentence makes a lot of difference in how i can make this sound better.

tyvm electriclady!
(20-12-2012, 08:08 PM)Tim D Wrote: in fact i too hear it messing around and taking the attention off the vocal where it should be.

Yep! exactly it. Good luck with your next version!

Related: have you looked at 'back room in Tulsa'? I'm tempted to do that one or 'Dad's Glad', because both have a lot of great, wide dynamics bass action, and the challenge is how much room to give it in the mix. It seems a shame to cut any at all, but if you don't the vocals may well suffer. Another example with a big acoustic bass part is 'cog in the machine'.
Quote:Yep! exactly it. Good luck with your next version!

Related: have you looked at 'back room in Tulsa'? I'm tempted to do that one or 'Dad's Glad', because both have a lot of great, wide dynamics bass action, and the challenge is how much room to give it in the mix. It seems a shame to cut any at all, but if you don't the vocals may well suffer. Another example with a big acoustic bass part is 'cog in the machine'.

nope not yet im having problem to listen the stream of the originals at the main download site..
i will have to download it to see Big Grin will do tho

thx