Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
James May - Eliza Jane -- A.Ozbay mix & mstr
26-05-2019, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2019 09:25 AM by a ozbay.)
James May - Eliza Jane -- A.Ozbay mix & mstr
Made in my sleeping room , no acoustic threatments or whatever , soundcard audient id4 , daw : cubase pro

.mp3   ayk country 3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.89 MB)

.mp3   ayk country 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.89 MB)

.mp3   remaster.mp3 --  (Download: 11.86 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: James May - Eliza Jane -- A.Ozbay mix & mstr
nobody is commenting so i make a comment to myself then ...dude what a awesome master it almost sounds like serban ghenea Smile keep up the good workSmile)))
26-05-2019, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2019 08:21 PM by Retchid Gretchin.)
Bass is a little loud almost seems like a reverb on it so kind of gets in the way a little. Like the country feel with the steel guitar and slightly pokey out picking - the toms are a bit boomy also. Would probably suggest a slight rebalance on guitars - 1/2 db up or down tweaks to get it more cohesive overall.

I have mixed it - next one down from this.

Like the live vibe

P.s. I have Cubase and use headphones for all mixes - Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohms only 100 pounds and come very well recommended

You will probably get loads of comments now (I will probably get some abuse - SO F Em ) keep on posting
27-05-2019, 02:26 PM
(26-05-2019 08:20 PM)Retchid Gretchin Wrote:  Bass is a little loud almost seems like a reverb on it so kind of gets in the way a little. Like the country feel with the steel guitar and slightly pokey out picking - the toms are a bit boomy also. Would probably suggest a slight rebalance on guitars - 1/2 db up or down tweaks to get it more cohesive overall.

I have mixed it - next one down from this.

Like the live vibe

P.s. I have Cubase and use headphones for all mixes - Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohms only 100 pounds and come very well recommended

You will probably get loads of comments now (I will probably get some abuse - SO F Em ) keep on posting
Retchid thank s for your comment i appreciate it , to be honest been a little bit lazy on this track , am too long busy with music , so my head wasnt in his best clear circumstances , need to catchup my sleep , i can see the points you mentioned in my mix , soon i will renew this mix . by the way i have the beyer dyn, 770 pro 32 ohm which i dont use , makes me quick tired ..but its a good flat responding headphone i agree. grtz
28-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Mix & Master without percussion , enjoy

.mp3   NO DRUMS.mp3 --  (Download: 11.97 MB)

29-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Its got a lot of high end,very harsh.You should use more compression to tame things more also.
Mix on phones if your room has no treatment other wise your wasting your time and your mix
will not sound the same to us as it does to you

https://soundcloud.com/alan-mansfield-1
30-05-2019, 09:30 AM
(29-05-2019 01:37 AM)takka360 Wrote:  Its got a lot of high end,very harsh.You should use more compression to tame things more also.
Mix on phones if your room has no treatment other wise your wasting your time and your mix
will not sound the same to us as it does to you
thnx for your reaction , its hard to find the right amount of high and low ...its something you got to be aware of an pschychological awareness ...i try to reach this so doesnt matter wich headphone or sound device i use ...i need to take this awareness fully up in my mind to control my mixes...anyway thanks for the reply.
31-05-2019, 03:03 AM
Takes time and lots of it unfortunately

https://soundcloud.com/alan-mansfield-1

Support my video work!
Advertisement: