Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i do'd a mixed
hi
this is just my take on mixing bitter
lemme know how i did, please!

.mp3    Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 8.36 MB)

Hey Rhytard!

I really enjoyed your mix! It has an overall great balance and good tone on each instrument!... The only I would try is a little bit less of "spark" in the hit hat and cymbals, in the first verse, the took my attention from the lead vocal. But as I said I enjoyed it. Also a little bit(not much) of enhancement, maybe a limiter or saturation will make it awesome.

Cheers!
Hi - Overall everything sits well together, and the basic midrange tones are good.

I have to agree with Brian on the cymbal levels being way too high and cutting, though. Everything above around 5k is about 4dB too loud.

The other thing I noticed was that the low end is very lacking in the mix. Everything below around 200hz is attenuated by about 10dB.

I did an experiment and brought the mix into my DAW and eq'd it to correct those imbalances, and it sounded much better....

It sounds like you might have some problems hearing the highs and lows of the frequency spectrum accurately on whatever you are using to monitor with, so solving that issue might be the first order of business.

The promising thing is that you seem to have dialled the midrange stuff int the mix pretty well, so that is a good start.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases