Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen: 'Nos Palpitants'
Fergessen: 'Nos Palpitants'

.mp3    NosPalpitan.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

Hi Javi, that intro is really beautiful, flawless minus one small detail (that I might be imagining, this is beast mode nitpicking): is the acoustic guitar ducked to the vocals? Maybe it's just level automation but it seems as if the guitar goes up and down after the vocal lines and it's sliiiiightly noticeable.

I didn't like that much the second half, once the drums come in. Individual sounds are good but the kick is just too loud, it stays over the beat making things feel unglued. On the other hand, snare sound might need some more space, some big stadium feel to match the epic of the tune. Manic Streets Preacher's "A Design For Life" could be a perfect blueprint for this tune's drums, methinks and it has a kinda similar "only drums ending".

(21-05-2019, 08:19 PM)Deliza Wrote: Hi Javi, that intro is really beautiful, flawless minus one small detail (that I might be imagining, this is beast mode nitpicking): is the acoustic guitar ducked to the vocals? Maybe it's just level automation but it seems as if the guitar goes up and down after the vocal lines and it's sliiiiightly noticeable.

I didn't like that much the second half, once the drums come in. Individual sounds are good but the kick is just too loud, it stays over the beat making things feel unglued. On the other hand, snare sound might need some more space, some big stadium feel to match the epic of the tune. Manic Streets Preacher's "A Design For Life" could be a perfect blueprint for this tune's drums, methinks and it has a kinda similar "only drums ending".

Hi Deliza:

Thank you for listening and providing feedback. I agree after a few hours of brake. The kick is a bit loud. Yes the level changes in the guitar are automation moves I did. This mix was done in 1 hour and 30 mins. I have to go back and work on your comments. Thank you again.
(22-05-2019, 03:03 AM)javierpg84 Wrote:
(21-05-2019, 08:19 PM)Deliza Wrote: Hi Javi, that intro is really beautiful, flawless minus one small detail (that I might be imagining, this is beast mode nitpicking): is the acoustic guitar ducked to the vocals? Maybe it's just level automation but it seems as if the guitar goes up and down after the vocal lines and it's sliiiiightly noticeable.

Hi Deliza:

Thank you for listening and providing feedback. I agree after a few hours of brake. The kick is a bit loud. Yes the level changes in the guitar are automation moves I did. This mix was done in 1 hour and 30 mins. I have to go back and work on your comments. Thank you again.

.mp3    NosPalpitan(3).mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

01:30:00, that's the time I may take just to organize a session!

This revisited version is so much better, now the balance of the bass/drums combo gel pretty good and everything is in its right place (no, I'm not a Radiohead fan!). The bass seems to be kinda the same but funny how now that it's mixed lower, I realize how well it sounds, warm and round and clean at the same time. Gran trabajo!

(22-05-2019, 03:01 PM)Deliza Wrote: 01:30:00, that's the time I may take just to organize a session!

This revisited version is so much better, now the balance of the bass/drums combo gel pretty good and everything is in its right place (no, I'm not a Radiohead fan!). The bass seems to be kinda the same but funny how now that it's mixed lower, I realize how well it sounds, warm and round and clean at the same time. Gran trabajo!

Gracias. Im glad you find everything ok now. I cracked on the Radiohead reference. No surprises. Lol.