Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Bitter -Mix
Hi everybody,
Here is my mix of this super song.
I really enjoy mixing it.
I hope someone will listen.
see you.

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter.mp3 --  (Download: 5.15 MB)

Hey LeChabe, you have some solid balances happening here. Instrumentally, the parts work really well together and in general I like the drum and bass sounds you got.

Vocally, some of the harmony parts are overpowering the lead melody in the choruses. Strangely, the second chorus seems to have a better overall balance than the first.

The "answering" vocal lines really jump out very loudly, which kind of goes contrary to their intended use in the production.

Overall, the mix has some low-mid muddiness in it that tends to compromise clarity in the mix. The high end also seems a little underdone.

Definitely a good starting point - With some more careful attention to levels and some eq refinement the mix would find some nice shape.

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(21-05-2019, 09:38 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hey LeChabe, you have some solid balances happening here. Instrumentally, the parts work really well together and in general I like the drum and bass sounds you got.

Vocally, some of the harmony parts are overpowering the lead melody in the choruses. Strangely, the second chorus seems to have a better overall balance than the first.

The "answering" vocal lines really jump out very loudly, which kind of goes contrary to their intended use in the production.

Overall, the mix has some low-mid muddiness in it that tends to compromise clarity in the mix. The high end also seems a little underdone.

Definitely a good starting point - With some more careful attention to levels and some eq refinement the mix would find some nice shape.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your helpful comment, I really appreciate your constructive analyze.
You're right with the harmony parts overpowering the lead melody in the choruses, I screwed up Smile.
I'll go on and improve my future mixes, thx again for your advices.
Regards.