Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arise - Run Run Run (ixnas' mix)
Went crazy with reverbs and delays to create a spacey mix. Tell me what you think.

EDIT: fixed version in post #4

.mp3    Arise - Run Run Run.mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

(10-10-2013, 06:35 PM)ixnas Wrote: Went crazy with reverbs and delays to create a spacey mix. Tell me what you think.

The general vibe is good in the rhythm section, The '3 drop' is strong. You do have an unfortunate editing mistake around 2:14 with an out of time snare hit which you may want to fix. There is 'late' and there is just out of time.

Also you have made a choice to bring the rhythm right up, whereas most people may feel that the vocals are the 'quality' performance in this recording, and shouldn't go so far back. But as an 'alternate mix' it's ok.

(11-10-2013, 12:04 AM)electricladyLAN Wrote:
(10-10-2013, 06:35 PM)ixnas Wrote: Went crazy with reverbs and delays to create a spacey mix. Tell me what you think.

The general vibe is good in the rhythm section, The '3 drop' is strong. You do have an unfortunate editing mistake around 2:14 with an out of time snare hit which you may want to fix. There is 'late' and there is just out of time.

Also you have made a choice to bring the rhythm right up, whereas most people may feel that the vocals are the 'quality' performance in this recording, and shouldn't go so far back. But as an 'alternate mix' it's ok.

Thanks for your fast response! I'll post a new version with the fixed edit, as well as some panning changes I've done today.

I really tried to let the vocals blend in with the arrangement rather than making it the primary performance, because I think the other instruments together create a much more impressive vibe than the vocals do. Though I admit the vocals in this version are a bit too quiet.
Here's the fixed version. Edited the snare at 2:14, cleaned up the bass a little more, some panning changes, and changed the vocals a bit

.mp3    Arise - Run Run Run (Final Master).mp3 --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

Hi, I'm downloading, it may take a while to get back with comments.

From what you say, I'm guessing it should sound really good.Smile
Yeah! That's nice! Very solid bottom end, and I think it sounds like a perfect balance now you have the vocals up that little nudge. Great mix.
Thanks a lot for your comments! I'm still learning, but I'm getting better with every mix Smile
Listenin edited version.

You made a mix very easy to listen to ! Sounds well balanced and you made the verse piano sound way better that I did :-)
Like it that you have the rim shot good up in volume. Bass n kick sounds great !
Good job Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(16-10-2013, 12:28 PM)Voelund Wrote: Listenin edited version.

You made a mix very easy to listen to ! Sounds well balanced and you made the verse piano sound way better that I did :-)
Like it that you have the rim shot good up in volume. Bass n kick sounds great !
Good job Big Grin

Thanks for your comment! I did some extreme EQ'ing to get those piano parts to sound right. The two piano tracks sound very different, and I remember having to boost a lot of highs on one of the tracks to make them sound somewhat the same.
Great sounding mix
would like to hear a little more effects on the snare hit's but that's a personal choice Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts