Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fruition - Santa Fe
Thanks Cambridge MT, to Telefunken Studios and to Fruition!

This mix was a pleasure.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

.mp3    Santa Fe.mp3 --  (Download: 6.22 MB)

.mp3    Santa Fe r2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.57 MB)

singer is lonely in the middle of the mix while the rest of the band is hard panned ... additionaly the reverbs are giving even more distance to the band while the vocals are very dry compared to ... feels like extreme mid/side processing
(17-05-2019, 02:09 PM)sagi Wrote: singer is lonely in the middle of the mix while the rest of the band is hard panned ... additionaly the reverbs are giving even more distance to the band while the vocals are very dry compared to ... feels like extreme mid/side processing

Thank you for the invaluable feedback. I suspect my monitoring is too narrow.

There's no intentional mid/side processing, but I am learning about that today to see how I introduced that feel.

On to the next mix with this feedback in mind. Thank you again!
You write "only plugins..." Does someone here use some aditional gear: some external compressors or limiters? I don't think so... About mix: I liked it. Pay attention to Sagi's comment. He's absolutely right...
Sasha MD
(18-05-2019, 08:20 AM)Coulomb Wrote: You write "only plugins..." Does someone here use some aditional gear: some external compressors or limiters? I don't think so... About mix: I liked it. Pay attention to Sagi's comment. He's absolutely right...

Thank you. I have much to learn, but most importantly I must keep developing my ears. It's amazing what more experienced mixers can hear.

I do wonder if I should re-visit this mix with Sagi's advice in mind or move on to different tracks for practice.
You can improve this one.
Sasha MD
I narrowed the field a bit and tried to balance the verbs. My first official mixdown of many, I hope.

I did notice some rumble with the kick and bass, but not sure how to fix it without destroying those tones.

Thanks for all the feedback and any more is appreciated.
Smile Much better
Sasha MD