Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Fruition: 'Santa Fe'
Hey All

2 different versions: The first I did additional processing on the guitars and hard panned L & R also minimal automation. Bass is Thinned out compared to the second ver. Keys, no fx and panned C

2nd ver. Pulled the guitars in tighter, took fx processing off but a lot of automation. Fattened the bass up. added some verb to the keys and automation also panned slightly L. also re eq'ed the vocals and different processing.

Curious which version sits better, Im partial to ver2, but like a few things better in Ver 1

Comments always appreciated.

KBig Grin

.mp3    Fruition-Sante Fe.mp3 --  (Download: 3.99 MB)

.mp3    Fruition-Sante Fe-01.mp3 --  (Download: 3.99 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Listening through headphones, version 2 is certainly more refined, but I do like the rawness of ver1. It has an airiness and an untamed nature which is somewhat appealing. A tough one Kirk. Both mixes are sounding great regardless.Big Grin
(07-05-2019, 12:10 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Listening through headphones, version 2 is certainly more refined, but I do like the rawness of ver1. It has an airiness and an untamed nature which is somewhat appealing. A tough one Kirk. Both mixes are sounding great regardless.Big Grin

Thanks Dave

That helps a lot. I appreciate you taking the time. Ver1 is normally where I end up, so I tried to take a bit more time on ver2 and automate more elements and use less processing.

KBig Grin
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.