Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Hollister Band: 'Eyes'_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

Yeah! I like the song and therefore I liked mixing it. Interesting way they mic'd the drums. Song is great, band is great. Later........

Tom

____________________UPDATE:

Please listen to the second mix (12M), as I took to heart some suggestions made by "takka360" and "Faders_up." So, I went back in to correct those things and a few other things needing correction. 12M sounds more polished and the bass sounds better and the horns as well....vocal has got plenty of high end now but I think the siblance is acceptable and not ear-piercing, etc.

Tom

.mp3    Eyes_10M.mp3 --  (Download: 10.55 MB)

.mp3    Eyes_12M.mp3 --  (Download: 10.55 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Bass sounds a bit tubby and could do with more separation from the kick.
Horns also sound very lost like its just room mics in the mix
I think you have a nice balance here. The stereo pitch processing and hitting the de-esser a little hard may be adding some muddiness to the top end of the vocal. Nice excitement in your mix.
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
(05-05-2019, 12:44 AM)takka360 Wrote: Bass sounds a bit tubby and could do with more separation from the kick.
Horns also sound very lost like its just room mics in the mix

--------------
Thanks for your comments......I took them to heart and went back into the mix to make those corrections. Version 12M is added, above. Let me know what you think. Thanks again.

Tom

(06-05-2019, 10:17 AM)Faders_up Wrote: I think you have a nice balance here. The stereo pitch processing and hitting the de-esser a little hard may be adding some muddiness to the top end of the vocal. Nice excitement in your mix.

-----------------
Hi, thanks for your input. I took yours to heart and takka's as well. Listen to version 12M, above, and let me know what you think. Thanks again.

Tom